[Mus-undergrad-info] Florence Bayz Music Series Fall Schedule - Begins October 14th!

Amy Skjerseth amy.skjerseth at ucr.edu
Tue Sep 29 16:06:38 PDT 2026


Dear all,

Happy fall quarter! I'm Amy, back as your Florence Bayz Music Series
department coordinator, with an exciting line-up of events for the fall! I
have attached the poster, and please feel free to share these events widely
with your networks. Bayz events are free and open to the public, and they
each begin at 12pm and end by 1pm in ARTS 157.

*10/14* Jacqueline Avila, "Haunting and Soundscapes in *Pedro Páramo*
(2024)": https://events.ucr.edu/event/jacqueline-avila

*10/28* Jonathan Keplinger: "Plumbing the Depths: Funeral Doom and its
Place in Extreme Metal": https://events.ucr.edu/event/Jonathan-Keplinger

*11/4* Todd Moellenberg, "Pioneers of Form: A Piano Recital":
https://events.ucr.edu/event/todd-moellenberg

*11/18 *Student Performance and Composition Series:
https://events.ucr.edu/event/performance-and-composition-fall-2026

*12/2* “Holiday Music” presented by UCR Chamber Music:
https://events.ucr.edu/event/holiday-music-2026

I will send reminders about these events, and hope to see you there!

All my best,
Amy
*Dr. Amy Skjerseth* (*she/her*)
Assistant Professor of Popular Music
University of California, Riverside

Editor, *The* *Routledge Companion to Voice and Identity*
<https://www.routledge.com/The-Routledge-Companion-to-Voice-and-Identity/Skjerseth-Jarman-Andre/p/book/9781032799223>

Book out September 2026: *Preprogrammed: How Electronic Presets Changed
Music and Media <https://www.ucpress.edu/books/preprogrammed/paper>*

PI, "Defying Defaults in Technology and Culture
<https://uchri.org/awards/defying-defaults-in-technology-and-culture/>,"
UCHRI Multicampus Research Working Group

*I sometimes send emails outside of traditional working hours, but I do not
expect a response outside of your own.*
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <https://lists.ucr.edu/pipermail/mus-undergrad-info/attachments/20260929/c4e9899e/attachment-0001.htm>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: Bayz Series Fall 2026.pdf
Type: application/pdf
Size: 6386793 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <https://lists.ucr.edu/pipermail/mus-undergrad-info/attachments/20260929/c4e9899e/attachment-0001.pdf>


More information about the Mus-undergrad-info mailing list