<div dir="ltr"><div>Dear all,</div><div><br></div><div>Happy fall quarter! I'm Amy, back as your Florence Bayz Music Series department coordinator, with an exciting line-up of events for the fall! I have attached the poster, and please feel free to share these events widely with your networks. Bayz events are free and open to the public, and they each begin at 12pm and end by 1pm in ARTS 157.</div><div><br></div><b>10/14</b> Jacqueline Avila, "Haunting and Soundscapes in <i>Pedro Páramo</i> (2024)": <a href="https://events.ucr.edu/event/jacqueline-avila" target="_blank" style="background-color:transparent">https://events.ucr.edu/event/jacqueline-avila</a><div><div><br></div><div><b>10/28</b> Jonathan Keplinger: "Plumbing the Depths: Funeral Doom and its Place in Extreme Metal": <a href="https://events.ucr.edu/event/Jonathan-Keplinger" target="_blank" style="background-color:transparent">https://events.ucr.edu/event/Jonathan-Keplinger</a></div><div><br></div><div><b>11/4</b> <span id="gmail-docs-internal-guid-e7d61542-7fff-70c3-2d73-2703f641e9c7"><span style="font-family:Calibri,sans-serif;color:rgb(0,0,0);background-color:transparent;font-variant:normal;vertical-align:baseline;white-space:pre-wrap">Todd Moellenberg,</span><span style="font-family:Calibri,sans-serif;color:rgb(0,0,0);background-color:transparent;font-variant:normal;vertical-align:baseline;white-space:pre-wrap"> "</span><span style="font-family:Calibri,sans-serif;background-color:transparent;font-variant:normal;vertical-align:baseline;white-space:pre-wrap">Pioneers of Form: A Piano Recital": </span></span><a href="https://events.ucr.edu/event/todd-moellenberg" target="_blank">https://events.ucr.edu/event/todd-moellenberg</a></div><div><br></div><div><span style="font-variant:normal;background-color:transparent;font-family:Calibri,sans-serif;color:rgb(0,0,0);vertical-align:baseline;white-space:pre-wrap"><b>11/18 </b></span><span style="font-variant:normal;background-color:transparent;font-family:Calibri,sans-serif;color:rgb(0,0,0);vertical-align:baseline;white-space:pre-wrap">Student Performance and Composition Series: </span><a href="https://events.ucr.edu/event/performance-and-composition-fall-2026" target="_blank">https://events.ucr.edu/event/performance-and-composition-fall-2026</a></div><div><br></div><div><span id="gmail-docs-internal-guid-9e111df3-7fff-4cad-5704-b1bddd788d4f"><span style="font-family:Calibri,sans-serif;color:rgb(0,0,0);background-color:transparent;font-variant:normal;vertical-align:baseline;white-space:pre-wrap"><b>12/2</b></span><span style="font-family:Calibri,sans-serif;color:rgb(0,0,0);background-color:transparent;font-variant:normal;vertical-align:baseline;white-space:pre-wrap"><span class="gmail-Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre">    </span></span><span style="font-family:Calibri,sans-serif;font-variant:normal;vertical-align:baseline;white-space:pre-wrap">“Holiday Music” presented by UCR Chamber Music: </span></span><a href="https://events.ucr.edu/event/holiday-music-2026" target="_blank" style="background-color:transparent">https://events.ucr.edu/event/holiday-music-2026</a></div></div><div><br></div><div>I will send reminders about these events, and hope to see you there!</div><div><br></div><div>All my best,</div><div>Amy</div><div><div dir="ltr" class="gmail_signature" data-smartmail="gmail_signature"><div dir="ltr"><font face="georgia, serif"><b>Dr. Amy Skjerseth</b> (<i>she/her</i>)</font><div>Assistant Professor of Popular Music</div><div><div>University of California, Riverside</div></div><div><br></div><div>Editor, <a href="https://www.routledge.com/The-Routledge-Companion-to-Voice-and-Identity/Skjerseth-Jarman-Andre/p/book/9781032799223" target="_blank"><i>The</i> <i>Routledge Companion to Voice and Identity</i></a></div><div><br></div><div>Book out September 2026: <i><a href="https://www.ucpress.edu/books/preprogrammed/paper" target="_blank">Preprogrammed: How Electronic Presets Changed Music and Media</a></i></div><div><br></div><div>PI, "<a href="https://uchri.org/awards/defying-defaults-in-technology-and-culture/" target="_blank">Defying Defaults in Technology and Culture</a>," UCHRI Multicampus Research Working Group</div><div><br></div><div><i>I sometimes send emails outside of traditional working hours, but I do not expect a response outside of your own.</i></div></div></div></div></div>