[Microbialecologygroup] ASM and ESA 2021

Emma Aronson emmaa at ucr.edu
Fri Oct 2 10:52:08 PDT 2020

Hi All,
This is great to get on everyone's calendars, thanks Sydney. I want to add
that the Soil Ecology Society Biennial Meeting is happening May 25-28 at
PNNL (Pacific Northwest National Labs). While that is a bit further away,
it is still on the West Coast, which is not often the case for this
meeting. We have plans in place to be partially or totally virtual, as
necessary (which I am sure these other meetings have as well), so it will
be important to keep up to date with the plans of these groups as time goes
on.

Cheers,
Emma

On Fri, Oct 2, 2020 at 10:33 AM Sydney Glassman <sydney.glassman at ucr.edu>
wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I just wanted to let all the students who participate in this group know
> that
>
> ASM 2021 will be in Anahaim June 3-7, 2020
> https://asm.org/Events/ASM-Microbe/Home
>
> ESA 2021 will be Long Beach August 1-6, 2020
> https://www.esa.org/events/meetings/future-esa-meetings/
>
> I realize that this is a long time away but good to mark your calendars
> now so you can aim to present posters/talks at both of either or both of
> those meetings since they will be so close to Riverside. Especially for
> those of you hoping to apply to fellowships, presenting your research at
> major national conferences is good for your CV.
>
> Sydney
>
> --
> Dr. Sydney I. Glassman
> Assistant Professor
> Microbiology and Plant Pathology
> University of California, Riverside
>
> Twitter: @sydneyglassman
> Website: www.sydneyglassman.wordpress.com
> Office: Boyce Hall 2469
> Office Phone: (951) 827-6727

Emma L. Aronson, PhD
Associate Professor
Dept. of Microbiology and Plant Pathology
Microbiology Graduate Program Director
3411 Boyce Hall