[MHCP med health careers program] VOTE - UCR group in the running for $50, 000

Medical & Health Careers Program med-health-careers at lists.ucr.edu
Tue Nov 2 17:04:40 PDT 2010

Dear Pre-Health Students,

I am thrilled to inform you that Project Josh and Friends is still in the
running for the $50,000 Pepsi Refresh
<http://www.refresheverything.com/joshandfriends>  Grant this month.  Thanks
to the support from the UCR community, we were able to place within the top
100 out of over 1300 projects in all grant categories and as a result have
transferred over into the voting period for the month of November.  We are
therefore requesting your continued support in voting for this project
everyday during the month of November.

We are currently ranked 39th and we need to be in the top 10 by the end of
the month, so please share this information with as many people as possible.
I have no doubt that with your continued support, we will be able to win
this grant and continue to provide comfort and hope to many more sick
children in the local community.

For more information regarding this project look us up in the Community
Organization Portal through UCR Student Life.  Please join us for an
Information Session and Interview Skills Workshop hosted by Dr. Sharon
Riesen, MD on Thursday, November 4 from 5:00-6:30pm in HUB 367.

How to Vote for Project Josh and Friends
Help us win $50,000 for hospitalized children in the local community by
voting two ways everyday!

Method 1: Texting
1)  Text the number 103177 to the recipient number 73774 once everyday.

2)  You will receive a confirmation text immediately.

            *Standard messaging rates apply*

Method 2: Online

1)  Go to http://www.refresheverything.com/joshandfriends

2)  Click "Vote For This Idea"

3)  Click "Log in with Facebook," then enter your facebook username and
password, and click "Allow"
     OR
3)  Enter an email address, click "Sign In," and then enter your name, email
address, password, date of birth, type in the encoded script, and click
"Done."

*Pepsi will not send you any advertising via email or through your facebook
page and will not abuse your personal information*

4)  Once you have logged in, click "Vote for This Idea"

5)  Continue to sign in and vote everyday during the month of November.  We
need to be in the top 10 by the end of the month.

Thank you for your support!

Best Regards,
Paige Stevens
President, Project Josh and Friends at UCR
University Honors Program Peer Mentor
MARC U* Program Peer Mentor
Learning Center SI Leader
pstev002 at ucr.edu