[MHCP med health careers program] This Week 11.01.10

Medical & Health Careers Program med-health-careers at lists.ucr.edu
Mon Nov 1 10:14:48 PDT 2010

This message is sent to all pre health students registered with the Medical
and Health Careers Program (MHCP).

TOMORROW, Tuesday

.         Summer Opportunities Presentation at 5:15pm in Pierce Hall 1305
RSVP here <http://mhcp.ucr.edu/health-careers-rsvp-instructions.html> .

.         Global Medical Brigades General Meeting at 7:10PM IN Life Sciences
1500

MESSAGE FROM THE GLOBAL MEDICAL BRIGADES STUDENT ORGANIZATION

First of all, I know that many of you are either taking midterms or
finishing them up, we wish you all the best of luck with them! Global
Brigades at UC Riverside is very excited to announce its first meeting! The
first meeting will take place this coming Tuesday, November 2nd, at Life
Sciences 1500, from 7:10pm-8:00pm. This first meeting will function like an
informational session where you will learn all about Global Brigades and how
you can become involved!

The basic agenda for the meeting will be pretty simple; we'll first
introduce what Global Brigades is, introduce the three brigades we have here
on campus, have past brigaders share their experiences about their brigade,
and a question and answer period where you may ask any questions we may have
not answered.

If anyone has any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at
any time, we are here to help! We are extremely excited about our first
meeting and hope that all of you are able to make it! We are looking forward
to a very exciting year for Global Medical Brigades, and Global Brigades as
a whole, and we would love to see you all be a part of it!

         "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can
change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." - Margaret
Mead.

Wishing you the best,

-Global Medical Brigades at UC Riverside

- <mailto:gmb.ucr at gmail.com> gmb.ucr at gmail.com