[IIGBCORES_All] Sanger sequencing update

Gencore gencore at ucr.edu
Wed Sep 9 13:39:00 PDT 2020

Hello Genomics Core users,
 Unfortunately, the laser and/or power supply for the ABI 3730xl went out yesterday, meaning we cannot process any Sanger sequencing samples until it is fixed. An ABI engineer has been contacted and is hoping to do the repair Friday, 9/11. This is a simple hardware issue and once the laser and/or power supply is switched out, there will be no detrimental effect on future sequencing results' quality, read length, etc. All samples that have been submitted, but that the users have not received results, for are being stored safely and will be processed as quickly as possible once this repair is complete. We appreciate your patience and understanding and please let us know if you have any questions. Take care.
 -UCR Genomics Core staff