[IIGB_All] Reminder: Genomics Core Holiday Closure

Gencore gencore at ucr.edu
Tue Dec 12 10:08:16 PST 2023

IMPORTANT!!              IMPORTANT!            IMPORTANT!!

Genomics Core facilities will be closed for the holidays from Friday Dec 22nd until Tuesday Jan 2nd.

The following services within the Genomics Core will be unavailable during this break:

1. Sanger DNA sequencing - Please note that samples received before 3PM Wednesday Dec 20th will be posted by the 22nd.   Samples received after this time cannot be guaranteed to be posted via Google link before the break begins. Any samples not posted before the break will be processed upon re-opening on the 2nd.

2. Illumina sequencing services - these services will be processed on a first come, first serve basis up until we leave for break on the 22nd.

You may keep submitting samples for QC during the closure, they will be processed after the break.

3. Bioanalyzer, Tapestation, and Fragment Analyzer services- these services will be processed on a first come, first serve basis up until we leave for break on the 22nd.

4. Illumina Library prep

Points to keep in mind:

1. Please plan your experiments in advance.

2. Access. Those with key fobs to the instrumentation labs will have access to instruments (qPCR, Typhoon, Nanodrop, Qubit, plate readers, Covaris) during this time. As always, reserve or log your time online prior to instrument use.

3. Covaris. Our new ME220 is here, so please get training before the break if you plan to use it. Remember to obtain your tubes before the break.

3. Please be sure your key fob is current. If you have not used it in some time, please check it. If in doubt, ask Ben or Amanda (room 1206, 1st floor of Genomics Building), so that you are not locked out during the break.

4. Security. We cannot emphasize strongly enough that our security system has two key components: Security zones with individual key fobs and YOU. Security during the break is everyone's responsibility.

Please never prop open external or internal doors or leave them ajar. NEVER admit anyone who does not have a fob. NEVER admit anyone who you do not recognize!

Think of the impact on your research and that of your colleagues if we were vandalized or there was a major theft.

5. Please send an email directly to Wei Zhang (wezhang at ucr.edu<mailto:wezhang at ucr.edu>), Clay Clark (clayc at ucr.edu<mailto:clayc at ucr.edu>) and/or Holly Clark (holly.clark at ucr.edu<mailto:holly.clark at ucr.edu>) if you notice anything - freezer alarms, propped doors, malfunctioning equipment, etc.

Thank you for all your support and have the very best holiday ever!

Your Genomics Core