[IIGB_All] Special seminar notice: Dr. Meng Qu's-Monday: September 19th at 10:00 am

Jennifer Douglas jennifer.slocum at ucr.edu
Thu Sep 8 16:33:58 PDT 2022

 Please join us for a Special Seminar

Dr. Meng Qu
Research Associate
University of Southern California
[cid:image001.png at 01D8C373.89505BF0]

“Circadian rhythms in health and disease”

  Monday, September 19, 2022
10:00am-11:00am

Join Zoom Meeting
https://ucr.zoom.us/j/93884478731?pwd=cERNTUlpVGQ3RXkrR2Z1MFhxamNYZz09

Meeting ID: 938 8447 8731
Passcode: 919919

Host: Dr. Arthur Jia
arthur.jia at ucr.edu<mailto:arthur.jia at ucr.edu>

Abstract: The circadian clock is a crucial mechanism evolved by most living creatures to synchronize behavior and physiology to the correct time of the day. Disruption of the circadian homeostasis exacerbates the development of clinically relevant disorders including sleep disorders, obesity, diabetes, and cancers. Our research has been dedicated to understanding how circadian physiology controls metabolic homeostasis and contributes to cancer development. Our integrated use of genetics, biochemistry, genomics, and state-of-the-art chemical compounds demonstrated the fundamental roles of the circadian clock in health and disease and legitimized it as a highly potential target for the development of novel therapeutics.

Zhenyu (Arthur) Jia
Associate Professor of Genetics
Department of Botany & Plant Sciences
Graduate Advisor of the GGB Program