[IIGB_All] with a heavy heart

Katayoon Dehesh katayoon.dehesh at ucr.edu
Thu Jan 7 13:49:49 PST 2021

I am writing with a heavy heart to inform you that Jay Kirkwood, our much appreciated metabolic core coordinator will be moving back home to attend to much needed personal/family affairs.

Jay will be leaving us in 4 weeks. He will be in contact with individual faculty with a current project, ensuring that their project will be completed.

Words cannot sufficiently express my sorrow for this loss, nor do they sufficiently express my gratitude for Jay's efforts during his tenure at UCR.

I wish Jay all the best, and I am certain that he will be an asset to any institution of his.
He will dearly missed.

I have spoken with Ms. April to initiate a new hiring call.  I will keep you posted.

Be powerful

Katie

Katayoon (Katie) Dehesh
Director, Institute for Integrative Genome Biology, Distinguished Professor
Ernst and Helen Leibacher Endowed Chair in Botany and Plant Sciences
University of California, Riverside, CA 92521
Phone: (951) 827-6370
http://iigb.ucr.edu
http://kdehesh-lab.ucr.edu