[IIGB_All] Genomics Core Update

Clay Clark clay.clark at ucr.edu
Wed Jan 6 11:37:38 PST 2021

Dear Genomics Core Users,

As I am sure most of you have heard, there was a loss of power across campus yesterday, of varying severity and duration. Unfortunately, Batchelor Hall and Keen Hall were some of those that lost power for many hours. To protect users' samples and reagents, we moved them to other unaffected freezers and refrigerators on campus.

The issue seems to have been addressed and we are open and accepting sample submissions. All samples that were in our possession are safe and will be processed as soon as possible. The only caveat is that in order to be cautious and not risk losing precious samples, we are going to wait until tomorrow to start processing some samples (Sanger sequencing and Illumina) on the off chance that there is some sort of hiccup and we lose power again.

We appreciate your patience and understanding and will be sending out data as quickly as possible. Please let us know if you have any questions and take care.

-UCR Genomics Core Staff