[Hrtrainingnews] Professional Development Monthly - June 2024

Hrtrainingcontacts hrtrainingcontacts at ucr.edu
Mon Jun 3 08:48:11 PDT 2024

[Professional Development Monthly Banner  UC Riverside Employee and Organizational Development Achieving Results Building Relationships Creating the Future]<https://hr.ucr.edu/employee-and-organizational-development>

June 2024

[Fire icon in orange]
Headline News

[Logo: Franklin Covey All Access Pass. One price. One year. All Franklin Covey. Register by June 15 in the UC Learning Center.]

Franklin Covey All Access Pass

July 2024 – June 2025

For one low price of $395, gain ONE FULL YEAR of access to both instructor-led and online world class development activities from Franklin Covey. Open to the first 30 people who subscribe by June 15.

Starting in July, only All Access Pass subscribers will be able to attend our instructor-led Franklin Covey courses. The All Access Pass subscription will be open for new subscribers twice a year – in Nov/Dec and May/June.

SIGN-UP BY JUNE 15!<https://uc.sumtotal.host/Core/pillarRedirect?relyingParty=LM&url=core%2Factivitydetails%2FViewActivityDetails%3FActivityId%3D683127%26UserMode%3D0&domain=14>

Note: recharges will be processed in July.

[Graphic illustration of a tree with blue and gold leaves next to text that reads Berkely People Management.]

Berkeley People Management

Power Skills Series and Certificate

The next round of the Berkeley People Management (BPM) Power Skills series is now open, featuring new classes from July 16 to September 24, 2024.

What are Power Skills?
In our ever-evolving world, these non-technical, role-agnostic skills are necessary for navigating the parameters of our unique higher education system.

Power Skills, also called soft skills, transferable skills, or human skills, are skills we must acquire and practice to be successful people leaders. People Managers use these skills daily to enable individuals on their teams to interact successfully, navigate change, and drive overall success in the workplace.

For additional information on the BPM: Power Skills Program, visit bit.ly/ucbleaderdeveopment.<https://hr.berkeley.edu/grow/grow-your-skills/development-leaders>

[Monthly calendar icon in blue]
Upcoming Classes

EOD Programs

Course

Date

Cost

Link

Franklin Covey’s Change: How to Turn Uncertainty into Opportunity (for Individual Contributors)

When we recognize that change follows a predictable pattern, we can learn to manage our reactions and understand how to navigate change, both functionally and emotionally. This allows us to consciously determine how to best move forward - even in the most challenging stages. This course will help you understand the human experience of change and develop the skills to successfully navigate change in the workplace to improve results.

Registration Deadline: July 3, 2024

7/9/24

Free and restricted to All Access Pass subscribers

Register<https://uc.sumtotal.host/core/pillarRedirect?relyingParty=LM&url=app%2Fmanagement%2FLMS_ActDetails.aspx%3FActivityId%3D684011%26UserMode%3D0&domain=14>

Note: a late session admission, 30 minutes after the course has begun, will not be given course credit and may incur program/no-show fees.

Leadership Learning Corner: Trust<https://youtu.be/e3bje-2psp4>

Trust can impact so many aspects of the organization and the team. It is the foundation of success. Learn how trust impacts organizations. Want to learn more? Enroll in Franklin Covey’s All Access Pass<https://uc.sumtotal.host/Core/pillarRedirect?relyingParty=LM&url=core%2Factivitydetails%2FViewActivityDetails%3FActivityId%3D683127%26UserMode%3D0&domain=14>.

[How Declaring Your Intent Builds Trust | Stephen M.R. Covey | FranklinCovey clip]<https://www.youtube.com/embed/e3bje-2psp4?feature=oembed>

ComPsych Personal Development/Work-Life Workshops

Our partnership with ComPsych enables us to offer learning and personal enrichment opportunities throughout the year. The following workshops are offered at no cost.

Workshop Topic

Date

Time

Link

How to Make a Habit of Success

6/4/24

11AM – 12PM

Register<https://uc.sumtotal.host/core/pillarRedirect?relyingParty=LM&url=app%2Fmanagement%2FLMS_ActDetails.aspx%3FActivityId%3D669592%26UserMode%3D0&domain=14>

Working Through Mistakes

6/25/24

11AM – 12PM

Register<https://uc.sumtotal.host/core/pillarRedirect?relyingParty=LM&url=app%2Fmanagement%2FLMS_ActDetails.aspx%3FActivityId%3D669594%26UserMode%3D0&domain=14>

Using Reason to Resolve Conflict

7/9/24

11AM – 12PM

Register<https://uc.sumtotal.host/core/pillarRedirect?relyingParty=LM&url=app%2Fmanagement%2FLMS_ActDetails.aspx%3FActivityId%3D669803%26UserMode%3D0&domain=14>

Making Connections at Work and in Life

7/25/24

11AM – 12PM

Register<https://uc.sumtotal.host/core/pillarRedirect?relyingParty=LM&url=app%2Fmanagement%2FLMS_ActDetails.aspx%3FActivityId%3D669604%26UserMode%3D0&domain=14>

[Internet with solid fill]
Online Learning

UC Learning Center Corner

Log in at https://ucrlearning.ucr.edu<https://ucrlearning.ucr.edu/>

[Email with solid fill]

FAQ<https://ucrlearning.ucr.edu/faq#i-am-not-receiving-email-notif>: Why am I not receiving email notifications from the UC Learning Center?

The expected email address in the UC Learning Center for all users is the UCRNetID at ucr.edu address. For employees and contingent workers this will be the Business email address listed in UCPath.

If you work for an organization which has their own email domain (e.g., the School of Medicine or Bourns College of Engineering) and you are not receiving emails addressed to your UCRNetID at ucr.edu address, please contact the IT support team for your organization.

Otherwise, if you are not receiving emails addressed to your UCRNetID at ucr.edu address, please submit a ticket to ITS<https://ucrsupport.service-now.com/ucr_portal?id=ucr_home_new&logged_in=false>.

You may view notifications sent to you from the UC Learning Center system on the Messages<https://ucrlearning.ucr.edu/learner-guide#view-your-messages> page in the UC Learning Center.

NOTE: All communications sent directly from instructors, including links to course materials, will be sent to the email address listed in the UC Learning Center but will not be visible in the system.

[Bar chart with solid fill]

Training Reports for Managers

Managers may access different types of training reports two ways:

·    Manager Dashboard<https://ucrlearning.ucr.edu/manager-guide#advanced-reporting> — Exception Reports: Accessible on the Manager Dashboard, find basic data on assigned training status for direct reports.

·    Advanced Reporting<https://ucrlearning.ucr.edu/manager-guide#advanced-reporting>: Managers may pull attendance, required training status, and recharge reports for their direct reports and/or viewable users. Download a detailed guide from the online Manager Guide<https://ucrlearning.ucr.edu/manager-guide#advanced-reporting>.

[cid:image010.png at 01DAB592.5EDCC3F0]

Get Ready with the SumTotal Mobile App!

Coming this summer, instructors will have the option of taking attendance via the use of QR Code scanning and the SumTotal Mobile app. Prepare now by downloading the app and logging in today!

Download and launch the app. Type in https://uc.sumtotal.host as the site URL. Then select UCR as your login provider, going through UCR’s sign-on process. You will need to choose your own 4-digit PIN for offline access.

·    SumTotal App for iPhone<https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sumtotal-mobile/id1169347043?mt=8>

·    SumTotal App for Android<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sumtotal.mobileapp>

Keep an eye on the Mobile App section of the Learner Guide<https://ucrlearning.ucr.edu/learner-guide#mobile-app> for new resources coming soon on how to confirm your attendance via QR Codes.

NOTE: Not every activity or function in the system is mobile compatible or available in the app. You will still need to use the full browser-based, nonmobile, site for most tasks.

LinkedIn Learning

Log in at https://linkedin.com<https://linkedin.com/checkpoint/enterprise/login/26135898?application=learning&appInstanceId=40840244&authModeId=6509230483031891968>

Avoiding Burnout

Prolonged periods of stress—related to your work, your home life, or your health—can lead to burnout. Burnout reduces our productivity and saps our energy, leaving us overwhelmed by everyday tasks and feeling increasingly cynical and resentful. In this course, Todd Dewett helps you recognize some of the most common causes of burnout, such as long hours, too much travel, tight deadlines, and no vacation, so that you can figure out how to prevent stress from building up. Plus, get tips for jump-starting your recovery and publicly owning your burnout experience. LinkedIn - Avoiding Burnout<https://www.linkedin.com/learning/avoiding-burnout-2019/learn-how-to-avoid-burnout?u=26135898>

Gartner

Log in at https://www.gartner.com

How to Build a Supportive Work Culture for a Multi-Generational Workforce

The pandemic has changed many employees’ expectations of their employers, but it has affected each generation differently. To overcome generational divides in a transformed work environment, CHROs must shape a culture that helps employees recognize each other’s needs, contributions, and experience.

Read: Employee Engagement Foundational Tools Library<https://www.gartner.com/document/4016063?ref=follow-dashboard> (9 min. read)

[Megaphone icon in gold]
Campus Spotlight

UCR Staff Assembly

William H. Reynolds Memorial Carillon Recital

Saturday, June 1, 2024 | UCR Bell Tower

It includes music by J. S. Bach, G. F. Handel, John Stanley, J. Sibelius, Fernando Sor, and others. There will also be a section of Folksongs from the British Isles. The UCR community and the general public are invited to enjoy the music from the Bell Tower in the park-like atmosphere surrounding the Bell Tower on the UCR campus.

UCR Staff Assembly Virtual Bingo

Friday, June 14, 2024 | Zoom

Join Staff Assembly’s Director of Finance Penni Ebina and other members of the Staff Assembly Executive Board for monthly Virtual Bingo! The event will also include participants from UC Berkeley / UCDC / UCPath / UCLA / UCRRA / UCOP / UCSB / UCSF.

There will be two virtual sessions: a matinee session from 12 - 1 p.m. and the evening session from 6 - 7:30 p.m.

Bingo typically falls on the third Friday of each month. The deadline to register is Thursday at 5 p.m.<https://bit.ly/sa-bingo> (the day before the event).

UCR Staff Assembly Events Calendar<https://staffassembly.ucr.edu/>

[Map marker icon in red]
Additional Resources

EOD Learning Resources SharePoint Site

Professional development serves as the cornerstone of individual and organizational growth. It equips our employees with the knowledge, skills, and resources needed to excel in their roles, driving innovation, productivity, and job satisfaction.

To further support your professional development journey, I am thrilled to invite you to access our new EOD Learning Resources SharePoint site<https://o365ucr.sharepoint.com/:u:/r/teams/EODLearningResources/SitePages/LearnHome.aspx?csf=1&web=1&share=EUPkOGM7yzlGm4Yfhtcd5McBqlxt1shd8PSQtQhN4kcLGA&e=B6YMor>, which is dedicated to learning resources and great content. This platform will serve as a centralized hub where you can discover a wealth of educational materials, industry insights, and more.

[InLearning Logo. White text on medium blue background.]

Need training now? Visit LinkedIn Learning, via R’Space<https://portal.ucr.edu/>, to take advantage of UCR curated collections.

Questions? Please contact EOD at HRTrainingContacts at ucr.edu<mailto:HRTrainingContacts at ucr.edu>.

Visit the Professional Development Monthly online<https://hr.ucr.edu/employee-and-organizational-development/professional-development-monthly> for past issues.

To receive this and all EOD emails, subscribe to HRTrainingNews<mailto:hrtrainingnews-subscribe at lists.ucr.edu?subject=Subscribe>.