[GSAUCR] California Invasive Plant Council Student Chapter Meeting - June 3rd - 12pm

Mike Bell michael.bell at email.ucr.edu
Thu May 27 23:41:26 PDT 2010

The Cal-IPC Student Chapter will be holding a member recruitment meeting on
*Thursday, June 3rd in Batchelor Hall 1104*. *Pizza and Beverages* will be
provided for attendees.

The Cal-IPC SC is a student organization dedicated to invasive species
research, weed management, and community outreach. We are currently
searching for new active members who want to learn about invasive species in
California and help educate the public on one of California’s greatest
environmental threats. The Cal-IPC SC welcomes students from all academic
disciplines. You do not need to study invasive plants to join, you just need
a general interest in our mission.

Current Cal-IPC SC Projects include:
*Attending local Plant Sales and advising the public on responsible
landscaping techniques.
*Performing weed removal in local natural areas.
*Creating K-12 Educational materials to help students understand how
invasive species affect ecology.
*Creating research projects studying the effects of invasive species on
wildlands.
*Collaborating with local land managers on how to effectively manage species
of concern.

For more information on the Student Chapter, please visit our website at
www.calipcsc.org

*Please RSVP to riverside at calipcsc.org to ensure that their is enough food.*

(For those who haven't been there before, Batchelor 1104 is hidden beneath
the stairs outside Batchelor Hall across from Speith Hall. You enter the
room from the outside of the building)

Mike Bell
Co-Chair
Cal-IPC Student Chapter