[GSAUCR] UCSA at UC Irvine

President GSAUCR president.gsaucr at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 13:00:30 PDT 2010

UCSA is the statewide student organization that advocates for both
undergraduate and graduate students.  Last year, members of UCSA
successfully fought to improve the Graduate Student Health Insurance
Program (GSHIP); this year, we need your help to decide what issues
need to be addressed.  The best way to get involved is to attend UCSA
Congress, a multi-day conference that allows you to network with other
students, learn about issues facing UC students statewide, and work
towards creating a better experience for all graduate students.

Congress is the biggest conference held each summer at one of the UC
campuses and this year it will be at UC, Irvine. The four-day
conference consists of 9 UC delegations coming together to choose the
campaigns UC students will focus on in the coming year. In addition,
there will be workshops, speakers, caucuses, and time to plan and
discuss issues that address problems with diversity, the LGBTQ
community, identity, and affordability of a UC-based education etc.
This conference will engage, challenge, and confront the struggles we
face on a daily basis attending a UC. Everyone will be able to meet,
communicate and socialize with students from other UC campuses. The
conference will be held from August 12-15th, 2010.

Make sure your voice is heard and get yourself to UCSA Congress this
year!  This year UCSA Congress will be taking place from August
12-15th, 2010 at UC Irvine.
Rates:
•                $160 per person for member campuses (includes on
campus housing forThursday-Sunday and three meals per day) – GREAT
DEAL!!!!
                  ******Late Registration is $190.00/per person (After
July 30, 2010)*******

                                        If finances are a problem,
please let me know, and I can see if we can have GSA subsidize the
cost!!!

If you have further questions or would like help with registering for
the Congress, please contact Adam Jackson-Boothby, GSA Executive Vice
President, at ucrgsaevp at yahoo.com.

Regards,
Adam Jackson-Boothby
Executive Vice President, GSA
Ph.D. Student, Higher Education Administration and Policy

--
President
Graduate Student Association