[GSAUCR] UC Regents Meeting (at UCLA, November 17-19)

President GSAUCR president.gsaucr at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 20:07:38 PST 2009

Hi All,

Join thousands of workers, students, faculty and community members in
protesting the 32% fee hikes that the UC Regents are voting on at
their November 17-19 meeting at UCLA!

As you may know, at the November 4th meeting of the UCR Graduate
Student Association, the Council voted unanimously in favor of a
resolution calling for an end to fee increases and furloughs and
supporting transparency, shared governance, and the California Master
Plan for Public Education.

This resolution also supports and encourages participation in the
peaceful protest of the upcoming meeting of the UC Regents in pursuit
of the above goals. For those who would like to get involved in this
action see the following, from the UAW 2865 website:
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=riU_2fY_2fwxry5LldJgrCRWaw_3d_3d

UAW 2865 is working together with other UC unions, the UCSA and other
student groups to provide transportation and housing for people coming
in from out of town. Sign up today to let us know if you will attend,
need a place to stay, and/or would like to join fellow protesters on
buses traveling to UCLA.

More details, including pick up points and departure times will be
available soon. We will email you with details for your campus as soon
as they become available.

--Patrick Linder

_______

MA Latin American Studies
PhD Candidate, Cultural Anthropology
Department of Anthropology
1334 Watkins Hall
University of California, Riverside
Riverside, CA 92521-0418

"While there is a lower class, I am in it, and while there is a
criminal element I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am
not free." Eugene Debs