[Gradstudents] Focus Group Opportunity: Funding

Heather A Killeen heather.killeen at ucr.edu
Fri Dec 1 12:40:04 PST 2023

Dear SOE PhD Students,

I hope you all are having an enjoyable and productive fall quarter! As a PhD student, we would like to invite you to participate in a 60 minute in-person focus group related to your graduate funding experiences in the School of Education (SOE) at UCR on Wednesday, December 6th from 1-2pm in 1224 Sproul Hall.  We are seeking 8-10 PhD students for the focus group. Your participation coupled with the recent funding survey will help us to better understand and improve coordination and flexibility when making offers to graduate students, given the current UAW contracts, as well as strengthen the overall approach to funding SOE graduate students.

The focus group will be conducted by Dr. Eddie Comeaux, Associate Dean of Graduate Education.  If you agree to participate in the focus group, you will be asked a series of questions about your funding experience. Professor Comeaux and Heather Killeen will take notes during the exchange. Every effort will be made to ensure confidentiality. The total time commitment is no longer than 60 minutes. You will be given a $40 gift card as compensation for participating in this focus group.

If you have questions, please do not hesitate to reach out.

Best,

Heather Killeen (she/her/hers)
Graduate Program Coordinator
School of Education