[Gradstudents] Listening Session Invitation: Dean for the School of Education (SOE) Search

Heather Killeen heather.killeen at ucr.edu
Fri Jan 28 09:42:00 PST 2022

Dear SOE Graduate Students,

Please find the email below from the Chancellor's office regarding a listening session to assist with our Dean search.

-Heather

________________________________

Dear School of Education Students,

I hope you are well.

Please be advised that we are preparing to launch a nationwide search for UCR's next Dean of the School of Education (SOE) in partnership with the executive search firm, WittKieffer. As a part of the search process, we will be hosting listening sessions with many different campus constituent groups. On behalf of Provost and Executive Vice Chancellor (EVC) Elizabeth Watkins, I would like to invite you to participate in a listening session with WittKieffer.

The following topics will be discussed during this session:

  *   Opportunities and challenges that face the next Dean.
  *   What work needs to be sustained? Enhanced? Initiated?
  *   Desired candidate skills and attributes.

The feedback provided during these sessions will help with the preparation of a leadership profile, creating a national advertising strategy, and identifying potential applicants to build a diverse and talented candidate pool.

Your group's listening session details are included below, I have also sent a formal calendar invitation for your session. If for any reason you are unable to attend, please simply decline the invitation.

SOE Dean Search Listening Session w/ SOE Students

Tuesday, February 1st

10:00 AM - 11:00 AM

Join Zoom Meeting

https://ucr.zoom.us/j/99134181317

Meeting ID: 991 3418 1317

One tap mobile

+16699006833,,99134181317# US (San Jose)

+13462487799,,99134181317# US (Houston)

Dial by your location

        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)

        +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)

        +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)

        +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)

        +1 646 876 9923 US (New York)

        +1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)

Meeting ID: 991 3418 1317

Find your local number: https://ucr.zoom.us/u/ab15Lpku75

Thank you in advance for your willingness to provide feedback which helps to shape the overall picture and ideal candidate characteristics for this vital campus leadership position.

Should you have any questions and/or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact Tian Matthews at tian.matthews at ucr.edu<mailto:tian.matthews at ucr.edu>.

Best Regards,

Tian Matthews, SHRM-CP| Human Resources Coordinator

Administrative Services & Strategic Executive Team (ASSET)

Office of the Chancellor | Office of the Provost/EVC

Email: tian.matthews at ucr.edu<mailto:tian.matthews at ucr.edu>