[Gradstudents] Upcoming events & announcements

Heather Killeen heather.killeen at ucr.edu
Mon Oct 11 14:56:50 PDT 2021

Dear SOE Graduate Students:

Please see the attached flyers and announcements below.

-Heather
________________________________

GradSuccess Events & Announcements

First, GradQuant<https://gradquant.ucr.edu> has finalized their list of Fall workshops (see attached flyer “ GradQuant Workshops flyer Fall 21”)

Second, the Graduate Writing Center<https://gwc.ucr.edu> has started up its Digital Writers' Room again. An online writing space moderated by our Lead Consultant, this is a space to check in and set some goals, get some writing done in community, and then celebrate your progress (go you!) at the end. It happens every Wednesday from 1-3 (see attached flyer “Grad Writers’ Room-2”).

As I mentioned in my email during Zero Week, we are back to in-person coffee socials every 3-4pm in the Life Sciences Courtyard, so please also let your students know about that if they are on campus. Free coffee and snacks, and lots of informationa bout campus resources! 🙂 (see attached flyer “GradSuccess community wellness events F21”)

Need assistants with quant methods? Join GradQuant Drop-in and Hacky Hours (see attached flyer “GradQuant Drop-in Hacky Hours Fall  21”)

________________________________

UC Center for Research on Special Education, Disabilities and Developmental Risk (SPEDDR) Conference

Call for proposal for the virtual SPEDDR conference, which will take place January 21-22, 2022. See attached flyer for more details.

________________________________

Fellowship Opportunity – International Dissertation Research Fellowship (IDRF) for PhD students

Workshop for UCR applicants
Tuesday, October 12, 2021, 10:00-11:30am

The SSRC IDRF fellowship offers significant support for dissertation research in a range of fields. If you plan to apply, please attend this remote workshop led by SSRC staff members, designed to give UCR applicants the lay of the land and the chance to ask questions.

Please register for the workshop here:
You are invited to join a meeting: UC Riverside 2022 IDRF Competition Webinar. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email about joining the meeting.<https://ssrc.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZEldemqrzItGtccYsWvvIeXAEMLuxjATKT->

Please read up on the fellowship before the session: https://www.ssrc.org/fellowships/view/idrf-fellowship/. If you can, go to the application portal and register.

Professor Deborah Wong (Department of Music, ethnomusicologist) is the IDRF campus faculty mentor for UCR. She is available to meet with you and go over your application materials. Contact her at dwong at ucr.edu<mailto:dwong at ucr.edu> with questions, or sign up here<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1svJvVqptq0CbKOBqk-Ot3L3w-Keu7ALKMr-UFx_vyGA/edit?usp=sharing> for an appointment. (More time slots<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1svJvVqptq0CbKOBqk-Ot3L3w-Keu7ALKMr-UFx_vyGA/edit?usp=sharing> will be added as we proceed.)

See attached flyer “SSRC IDRF post 2021” for more details. Application due November 2, 2021.

Graduate Student Associate (GSA) Meeting notes from October 2021

See attached “GSA Meeting notes Oct 6”. Please note new GSA rep: KeAysia Jackson from the School Psychology program. Please contact KeAysia about any questions/concerns that you would like her to relay to the Graduate Student Association.