[Gradstudents] Employment Opportunity: Graduate Assistant for XCITE

Heather Killeen heather.killeen at ucr.edu
Tue Aug 17 10:10:48 PDT 2021

Dear GSOE Graduate Students:

The campus is looking for graduate assistants for the XCITE Center for Teaching and Learning for Fall 2021 term only. If you wish to be considered, please reply to this email so I can nominate you for the position.

-Heather

________________________________

The Provost has approved funding for the XCITE Center for Teaching and Learning to hire a team of graduate assistants (G.A.) to support UCR's teaching and learning needs in Fall 2021. These G.A.s will be hired by XCITE for the Fall Quarter 2021 only to support the faculty with the transition back to in-person teaching, supporting the new RISE rooms and the Student Success Center, as well as continuing support for our remaining emergency remote courses.

XCITE will be managing and supervising this group of G.A.s. Our objective has been to select G.A. from across the university. We want G.A.s that can represent every graduate program as well as each academic department. We have been working in collaboration with the Graduate Division and already have hired 34 G.A.s as part of this initiative. This XCITE offer is for a GAship with 20 hours a week of duties.

We are still short some G.A.s and would like to request your help in sending nominations. Do you have any graduate student recommendations for this role?

We will review their qualifications on an ongoing basis, and make offers to the final chosen applicants by August 20, 2021. If you are interested, please send us your nominations to consider. Once we have a new set of applicants, we will send them emails to ask them to read the GA position duties and encourage them to apply.  Email the name or names of students, along with their email addresses, to richard.edwards at ucr.edu<mailto:richard.edwards at ucr.edu> and Israel.fletes at ucr.edu<mailto:Israel.fletes at ucr.edu>

Our preference will be for G.A.s that have previous teaching experience (2 quarters) and have used campus technologies such as iLearn, Canvas, YuJa or Poll Everywhere. But ultimately, we are interested in any students who you feel will fit this role.

XCITE is gearing up for Fall instruction. Whereas we have prepared the more critical tools for teaching (Canvas, YuJa, Poll Everywhere, Gradescope, Piazza), we also want to prepare with a team of support staff to help our faculty. More information on these tools and Fall teaching can be found in https://teaching.ucr.edu as well as https://ontherise.ucr.edu.

Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.

All the best,

Richard Edwards            Israel Fletes

Director, XCITE               Director, Academic Technologies, XCITE