[Gradstudents] REAPA Grad Rep opportunity

Heather Killeen heather.killeen at ucr.edu
Mon Aug 9 15:22:41 PDT 2021

Dear GSOE Graduate Students,

Please find the message below from colleague Pat Ordoñez-Kim.

-Heather

________________________________

My name is Pat Ordoñez-Kim, and I am an AERA REAPA-SIG graduate representative. I am sharing with you an opportunity to serve as a fellow graduate representative for our Special Interest Group (SIG). More info and flyer are below. If you have any questions, you can email me at pordo001 at ucr.edu<mailto:pordo001 at ucr.edu>.

We are seeking applicants for REAPA Graduate Representative positions for a two year term (2021-2023).

Graduate Representatives work together to support graduate students and the goals of the executive committee. Interested applicants should be current graduate students (master’s, doctoral) and committed to REAPA’s mission, including supporting Asian American and Pacific Islander graduate students.

Applications are due on August 23rd.
https://bit.ly/REAPAGraduateRep<https://bit.ly/REAPAGraduateRep?fbclid=IwAR3H3EDwKlnGNc-8wu-87-ilCgWL2kDVtMU04ENIt09a6pNArR8VOjqW8WE>

Applications will be reviewed and interviews may be conducted. Selected graduate representatives will join the graduate representatives from the 2020-2022 term.

The AERA Special Interest Group: Research on the Education of Asian and Pacific Americans (REAPA) promotes inquiry into educational and equity issues affecting Asian and Pacific Americans, facilitates interdisciplinary discussions around these issues, and provides members with colleagueship and support.

Patriccia P. Ordoñez-Kim, M.A.
Ph.D. Candidate, Graduate School of Education
Academic Affairs Officer - GSOE, Graduate Student Association
University of California, Riverside
https://profiles.ucr.edu/app/home/profile/pordo001

Fellow, Educating Teacher Educators (ETE), California Teacher Education Research and Improvement Network (CTERIN)
https://cterin.ucop.edu/people/california-teacher-education-doctoral-fellows/index.html

Graduate Representative, Research on the Education of Asian Pacific Americans (REAPA) - Special Interest Group (SIG)
American Educational Research Association (AERA)
https://reapaaera.wordpress.com/graduate-representatives-2020-2021/

pordo001 at ucr.edu<mailto:pordo001 at ucr.edu>