[Gradstudents] GSOE and CAPS Partnership - Wellness Talking Circles

GSOEDean gsoedean at ucr.edu
Mon Oct 12 14:55:13 PDT 2020

Dear GSOE Students,

The pandemic and ongoing issues across society have created a series of challenges for everyone. When you add the challenges of studying full-time, while also working and tending to family and other personal matters, the stressors can easily build upon one another.

At the recommendation of some of our students, the GSOE is happy to announce an emerging, pilot partnership with the UCR Counseling and Psychological Services, or CAPS. We will be launching monthly, student-led, non-clinical talking circles on wellness for our GSOE undergraduate, teacher education, and graduate students. The circles will be led by CAPS-trained GSOE students and a CAPS professional. Please expect an email in the next couple of weeks with meeting dates for the Fall quarter.

We hope you find these circles helpful. I have also attached information on the CAPS Fall Open House on October 29th.

We wish you a healthy and productive Fall quarter.

Sincerely,
Louie Rodriguez
GSOE Interim Dean