[Geospatial] Notes from the February 13 Geospatial/GIS meetup

Janet Reyes janet.reyes at ucr.edu
Wed Feb 14 11:39:38 PST 2024

Hello all,

Attached please find the notes from the February 13 Geospatial/GIS meetup.

This meeting was recorded; video is available here<https://ucr.zoom.us/rec/share/cGE7w9HUDqVIkHxwehWcmsaujtkRBfua3WzbcNwy4R42imXXmOPfFanesnSCMkht.6cvipZ9aHZKs-jLA>. The passcode to view is  WcD.03Bi

I wanted to get these notes to you quickly, because two of the events mentioned in the announcements take place at 1:00 pm today! If you are interested in the Drone Data 101 presentation given as part of UC Love Data Week<https://uc-love-data-week.github.io/agenda>, or the webinar with Microsoft staff<https://ucr.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJUrdumoqD0iGNFfxwNmkIVMqaSbF7-7V8jQ#/registration> discussing resources for research in agriculture, please register right away!

Please also review the notes for an important update regarding access to ArcMap.

At this meetup, I touched on many aspects of working with data in a GIS.  Find a copy of the slide deck here<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1r46ysLeqouNXlYdI-1_rwk6ttoZAbYcM/view?usp=sharing>.

Our next meetup will be held on Tuesday, March 12.

Thank you,

Janet Reyes
Geospatial Information Librarian
UCR Library | University of California, Riverside
P.O. Box 5900 | Orbach Library, Room 128
Riverside, CA 92517-5900
Office: 951.827.6421 | Fax: 951.827.2255 | janet.reyes at ucr.edu<mailto:janet.reyes at ucr.edu>

Web<https://library.ucr.edu/> | Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/ucrlibrary> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/ucrlibrary/> | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/user/ucrlibraries>
[cid:image001.png at 01DA5F3A.7C705750]