[Geospatial] MICROSOFT Sustainable Ag - industry webinar, February 14

Janet Reyes janet.reyes at ucr.edu
Mon Feb 12 13:15:06 PST 2024

Hello everyone,

Elia Scudiero requested that I share the following with you:

^^^

UC Riverside's Office of Technology Partnerships (OTP)<https://ucrotp.ucr.edu/> is thrilled to invite you to Volume 9 of our University-Industry Research Engagement (UIRE) Speaker Series on Wednesday, February 14th at 1:00 PM.

If you’ve ever been curious about collaborating with an industry leader like Microsoft, please join two of Microsoft’s Principal Program Managers Riyaz Pishori and Claudia Roessler and our host co-host Elia Scudiero of the Department of Environmental Sciences to answer any burning questions you have.

This Microsoft webinar will be co-hosted by Elia Scudiero; Associate Professional Researcher, Department of Environmental Sciences whose research encompasses digital agronomy, GIS, and Hyper-dimensional data analysis.

Science and technology are playing a vital role in enhancing and safeguarding the global food system, from production to consumption. In this talk, we will explore how Microsoft Research is advancing the state of art in data science, analytics and new Generative to enable more efficient, resilient, and sustainable agriculture. Microsoft will share research collaborations, investment in industry platforms, and strategic partnerships in agriculture, as well as share some market observations that influence the commercialization of AgTech solutions and go to market strategies.

What you will learn:

  *   Gain insights into industry-university collaborations
  *   Explore research opportunities tailored for faculty.
  *   Discover avenues to enhance career prospects for students.
  *   Dive into programs that bridge academia and industry.

Register for the Zoom Webinar Here<https://ucr.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJUrdumoqD0iGNFfxwNmkIVMqaSbF7-7V8jQ#/registration>
(Webinar will be recorded)

Promotional Flyer attached.

What is the University-Industry Research Engagement Speaker Series?

Our UIRE Speaker Series is a monthly webinar led by UCR’s Office of Technology Partnerships<https://ucrotp.ucr.edu/> that serves as a beacon for faculty who are eager to comprehend the intricacies of University – Industry engagement. Learn how collaborations between universities and industry work, uncover research avenues, and explore opportunities aligned with UCR’s SoCal OASIS ™ Initiative<https://oasis.ucr.edu/>.

Don’t miss out on this unique chance to broaden your horizons and foster meaningful connections between academia and industry. RSVP for the Zoom webinar here<https://ucr.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJUrdumoqD0iGNFfxwNmkIVMqaSbF7-7V8jQ#/registration>.

See you on the webinar!

~ Jim

Jim Llano

Associate Director, Corporate & Strategic Partnerships

Office of Technology Partnerships

University of California, Riverside

Office: 951 827-4808 | Cell: 805 264-7828

james.llano at ucr.edu<mailto:james.llano at ucr.edu> | LinkedIn<https://www.linkedin.com/in/james-llano-3143959>

Website<https://ucrotp.ucr.edu/> | Newsletter<https://ucr.us16.list-manage.com/subscribe/post?u=c25b78da23324d3cacf19f3bd&id=22b6a398fb>

UCR OTP 2022-2023 Annual Report<https://live-ucr-ucrotp.pantheonsite.io/sites/default/files/2024-02/otp_annual_report_2023_final.pdf>

^^^

Please share with anyone who may be interested.

Thank you,

Janet Reyes
Geospatial Information Librarian
UCR Library | University of California, Riverside

P.O. Box 5900 | Orbach Library, Room 128

Riverside, CA 92517-5900

Office: 951.827.6421 | Fax: 951.827.2255 | janet.reyes at ucr.edu<mailto:janet.reyes at ucr.edu>

Web<https://library.ucr.edu/> | Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/ucrlibrary> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/ucrlibrary/> | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/user/ucrlibraries>

[cid:437bbb12-697e-455f-8418-88f4ed2525c0]