[Geospatial] Geospatial/GIS meetup

Janet Reyes janet.reyes at ucr.edu
Thu Feb 23 08:43:21 PST 2023

Hello everyone,

Our next Geospatial/GIS meetup will be on Thursday, March 9, from 12:00-12:50 pm in Rivera Library, Room 140 and on Zoom.
(To find Rivera 140: turn right after entering Rivera Library. Keep walking until you pass the elevators. Room 140 is on the corner of the hallway you'll see to your left.)
This meetup will provide an opportunity to meet and learn from the new leadership at UCR's Center for Geospatial Sciences<https://spatial.ucr.edu/>.

What's Up with the Center for Geospatial Sciences at UCR?
An Overview of Two Recent Projects

Tony H. Grubesic1 and Edward Helderop2

1Director, Center for Geospatial Sciences
School of Public Policy
University of California at Riverside

2Associate Director, Center for Geospatial Sciences
School of Public Policy
University of California at Riverside

This presentation will provide an overview of two recent research projects from the Center for Geospatial Sciences at UCR. The first project focuses on using geographic information systems, spatial analytics, unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), and biomarkers for tracking objects (and people) of interest for enhancing national security. The second project explores data uncertainty and its implications for measuring the digital divide in Southern California.

We'll also have time for announcements and discussion. This meetup will be recorded.
You'll receive a reminder notice the day before the meetup that will contain the Zoom information (which is the same as for January and February). This means that - although I really do appreciate RSVPs! - responding to this calendar invitation isn't necessary for receiving the Zoom information.
You also have the option of registering through Eventbrite<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/geospatialgis-meetups-tickets-487910181487> - that way you'll receive an automated email with the Zoom information.
Feel free to forward this invitation to anyone you know who may be interested.

Please consider joining us!

Best,

-Janet Reyes
Geospatial Information Librarian