[Geospatial] Notes from the Geospatial/GIS meetup February 9

Janet Reyes janet.reyes at ucr.edu
Mon Feb 13 08:46:43 PST 2023

Hello all,

Attached please find the notes from the February 9 Geospatial/GIS meetup.

This meeting was recorded; video is available here<https://ucr.zoom.us/rec/share/iTlIfP8rTsXNuaZOKHjEjiGyfnXP0sNPBni_8R6BnkooyAkp6VHHIK4JMaQzI0Fb.gR10Qc0TDuMnW4wz>. The passcode to view is   gcPFl!r3

Many thanks to our presenter, Professor Richard Minnich, who shared his methodology and discoveries while using Google Earth to compile the Tree Atlas of the Californias. The notes include a write-up provided by Dr. Minnich.

Thanks also to our first-time attendees. We are glad you joined us, and hope to see you again!

Our next meetup on Thursday, March 9 will feature a presentation by Dr. Tony Grubesic and Dr. Eddie Helderop, who are respectively the Director and Associate Director of UCR's Center for Geospatial Sciences<https://spatial.ucr.edu/>.

Best,

Janet Reyes
Geospatial Information Librarian
UCR Library | University of California, Riverside
P.O. Box 5900 | Orbach Library, Room 128
Riverside, CA 92517-5900
Office: 951.827.6421 | Fax: 951.827.2255 | janet.reyes at ucr.edu<mailto:janet.reyes at ucr.edu>

Web<https://library.ucr.edu/> | Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/ucrlibrary> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/ucrlibrary> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/ucrlibrary/> | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/user/ucrlibraries>
[cid:image001.png at 01D93F84.956864E0]