[Geospatial] Geospatial/GIS meetup

Janet Reyes janet.reyes at ucr.edu
Thu Sep 1 09:48:38 PDT 2022

Hello everyone,

Our next Geospatial/GIS meetup will be held on Thursday, September 15, from 12:00 - 12:50 pm PDT.

Due to a room scheduling conflict, this meetup will only be held on Zoom. (We'll go back to hybrid meetups starting in October.)

Gerald Winkel, Disaster Program Manager for the American Red Cross of Riverside, has volunteered to give a brief presentation on MapSwipe, a new volunteer mapping project. MapSwipe is an app-based tool to allow users with minimal training to participate in community mapping projects.

We'll also have time for announcements and discussion. Bring links to any interesting maps or GIS projects you've seen lately!
This meetup will be recorded.
Respond "yes" or "tentative" to this calendar invitation to receive the Zoom meeting information from me shortly before the meetup. (Another option: register through Eventbrite<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/geospatialgis-meetups-tickets-349816890737> to receive an automated email with the Zoom information.)
Feel free to forward this invitation to anyone who may be interested.

Hope to see you on the 15th!

-Janet Reyes
Geospatial Information Librarian
UC Riverside Library