[Geospatial] Notes from Geospatial/GIS meetup, October 13

Janet Reyes janet.reyes at ucr.edu
Mon Oct 17 12:09:30 PDT 2022

Hello all,

Attached please find the notes from the October 13 Geospatial/GIS meetup. The notes include several links to upcoming meetings, webinars and conferences - be sure to take a look!

This meeting was recorded; video is available here<https://ucr.zoom.us/rec/share/D-mDsLkmigZ14mX4htNZ4wO---yswSp5SnZDruXZ5R1iICXiVsBhgQSfr0fEnkHr.HN6oUb_RLXPMpnSi?startTime=1665687746000>. The passcode to view is  i5ga#Psf

Thanks to our presenter, Rich Yueh of UCR's School of Business, who led us through some of the process in creating an online introductory GIS course for all UC campuses. Rich also asked for suggestions on what might be good class exercises for non-technical students to perform using ArcGIS Online. Please contact Rich with any questions or suggestions: richyueh at ucr.edu<mailto:richyueh at ucr.edu>.

Thanks also to our many first-time attendees - we hope to see you again!

Our next meetup will be on Thursday, November 10. We will be meeting in person as well as on Zoom. You are welcome to sign up for the November and/or December meetups through Eventbrite<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/geospatialgis-meetups-tickets-422017705317>.

Best,

Janet Reyes
Geospatial Information Librarian
UCR Library | University of California, Riverside
P.O. Box 5900 | Orbach Library, Room 128
Riverside, CA 92517-5900
Office: 951.827.6421 | Fax: 951.827.2255 | janet.reyes at ucr.edu<mailto:janet.reyes at ucr.edu>

Web<https://library.ucr.edu/> | Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/ucrlibrary> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/ucrlibrary> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/ucrlibrary/> | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/user/ucrlibraries>
[cid:image001.png at 01D8E21E.22097110]