[Geospatial] New UCR geography scholarship, and Inland Empire GIS User Group meeting

Janet Reyes janet.reyes at ucr.edu
Mon Nov 28 15:14:46 PST 2022

Hello everyone,

Hope you all had a great holiday weekend!

I wanted to share two items with you.

First, Maite Zabala-Alday from UCR's Office of Development shared this article with me:
https://news.ucr.edu/articles/2022/11/28/scholarship-helps-students-chart-course-science-policy-careers

It is encouraging to see this kind of support being provided to our students! (Early in my career, I worked with a couple of the scholarship contributors.) It's also interesting to read about UCR's relationship to the early days of Esri.

Note that it is possible for you, too, to contribute to the Geographers Scholarship for Global Change Science and Sustainability fund<https://give.communityfunded.com/o/university-of-california-riverside/i/ucr-support/s/ucr-geographers-scholarship-for-global-change-science-and-sustainability-fund?_gl=1*1ala1vd*_ga*MTU1NTI2ODIwLjE2NjU3NjcxNjE.*_ga_Z1RGSBHBF7*MTY2OTY3NjY5OS4zMy4wLjE2Njk2NzY2OTkuMC4wLjA.*_ga_S8BZQKWST2*MTY2OTY3NjY5OS4zMy4wLjE2Njk2NzY2OTkuMC4wLjA.> - on Giving Tuesday, perhaps (why, that's tomorrow!)

Secondly, I also wanted to share that this Thursday morning, December 1, the Inland Empire GIS User Group is holding its meeting on the Esri campus in Redlands, with four presentations and some time to mingle/network: http://www.iegis.org/new-events.

Have a good week,

Janet Reyes
Geospatial Information Librarian
UCR Library | University of California, Riverside
P.O. Box 5900 | Orbach Library, Room 128
Riverside, CA 92517-5900
Office: 951.827.6421 | Fax: 951.827.2255 | janet.reyes at ucr.edu<mailto:janet.reyes at ucr.edu>

Web<https://library.ucr.edu/> | Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/ucrlibrary> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/ucrlibrary> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/ucrlibrary/> | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/user/ucrlibraries>
[cid:image001.png at 01D7A4CC.F0051EB0]