[Geospatial] Notes from Geospatial/GIS meetup May 12

Janet Reyes janet.reyes at ucr.edu
Mon May 16 11:59:49 PDT 2022

Hello all,

Attached please find the notes from the May 12 Geospatial/GIS meetup.

This meeting was recorded; video is available here<https://ucr.zoom.us/rec/share/LS1eqC66AwqGY6IAI7BJ_NvDM9KsO2Lb4vIuH1TKljvTl1weleI9t3WTgCG3t53K.EBWBU6IXJkRDo6Va?startTime=1652382023000>. The passcode to view is  CiFH&n8d

Our thanks to Alex Sainz of GEOinovo for his presentation on GIS tools used, and lessons learned, in supporting local redistricting efforts. If you missed it, I really encourage you to check out the recording or notes to learn more about GEOinovo's experiences in this once-in-a-decade process.

Thanks also to our first-time attendees. We hope to see you again!

Our next meetup will be on June 9. I'm excited to share that we'll try a hybrid approach (pandemic conditions permitting), with an in-person option in Rivera Library, Room 140 as well as having the Zoom going. I'm planning on doing a tool-based presentation - more info later.

As always, let me know if you are interested in giving a presentation or leading a discussion at a meetup later this year!

Best,

Janet Reyes
Geospatial Information Librarian
UCR Library | University of California, Riverside
P.O. Box 5900 | Orbach Library, Room 128
Riverside, CA 92517-5900
Office: 951.827.6421 | Fax: 951.827.2255 | janet.reyes at ucr.edu<mailto:janet.reyes at ucr.edu>

Web<https://library.ucr.edu/> | Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/ucrlibrary> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/ucrlibrary> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/ucrlibrary/> | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/user/ucrlibraries>
[cid:image001.png at 01D8691A.ACD44BD0]