[Geospatial] REMINDER: Geospatial/GIS meetup tomorrow, May 12

Janet Reyes janet.reyes at ucr.edu
Wed May 11 08:50:13 PDT 2022

Hello everyone,
This is a friendly reminder that our next Geospatial/GIS meetup is tomorrow, Thursday, May 12 from 12:00 - 12:50 pm PST.
Our presenter will be Alex Sainz, GIS Project Manager at GEOinovo Solutions. (Some of you may remember that Alex gave a meetup presentation in May 2021 on GEOinovo's GIS support of first responders.)

This time, Alex will present on Leveraging GIS to Support Election Redistricting.

GEOinovo recently completed several projects to support election redistricting. This process occurs after each decennial census (every 10 years), with adjustments made based on population, demographics, municipal boundaries, state and federal laws, and other factors. Our team provided support for school district, health care district, transportation district, water district, and city council redistricting between September 2021 and April 2022. During this presentation, we will introduce the core concepts of redistricting and explain how GIS played a critical role to analyze data, provide visualization tools, and encourage public participation during the redistricting process.

We'll also have time for announcements, discussion, and sharing links to map-related products you've created or that caught your eye.
This meeting will be recorded.
Please note: about an hour before the meetup you'll receive an email containing the Zoom meeting information if by then you have either:

  *   registered on Eventbrite<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/geospatialgis-meetups-tickets-300286654467>, or
  *   replied "yes" or "tentative" to the calendar invite some of you received on April 28.
I hope you can join us!
Best,

Janet Reyes
Geospatial Information Librarian
UCR Library | University of California, Riverside
P.O. Box 5900 | Orbach Library, Room 128
Riverside, CA 92517-5900
Office: 951.827.6421 | Fax: 951.827.2255 | janet.reyes at ucr.edu<mailto:janet.reyes at ucr.edu>

Web<https://library.ucr.edu/> | Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/ucrlibrary> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/ucrlibrary> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/ucrlibrary/> | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/user/ucrlibraries>
[cid:image001.png at 01D86511.53EA40E0]