[Geospatial] REMINDER: Geospatial/GIS meetup tomorrow, March 10

Janet Reyes janet.reyes at ucr.edu
Wed Mar 9 09:31:33 PST 2022

Hello everyone,
Our next Geospatial/GIS meetup is tomorrow, Thursday, March 10 from 12:00 - 12:50 pm PST.
GIS Administrator Owen Mo and GIS Analyst Tricia Vivian from the San Bernardino County Transportation Authority (SBCTA) will give a presentation on SBCTA GIS Open Data Site & Viewer.

SBCTA leverages an Open Data site through ArcGIS Hub product as the showcase to internal and external audiences for sharing and exploring various types of demographic, social and economic GIS data. The SBCTA GIS team continues to refine and improve user experience in terms of how they can explore, discover and extract the data for their needs.

Both Open Data Site and GIS Viewer focus on showing roadway, transit, and active transportation projects, as well as SBCTA programs and services to various types of demographic information. The Open Data site and GIS Viewer enable SBCTA to share our data more quickly, frequently, and precisely with our member jurisdictions, partner transit agencies, consultants and the general public, given the intuitive user interface and automated data extraction, packaging, and delivering components.

We'll also have time for announcements, discussion, and sharing map-related products you've created or that caught your eye.
This meeting will be recorded.
This quarter we have experimented with keeping the same Zoom information for all three meetups:

Join Zoom Meeting
https://ucr.zoom.us/j/99549958052?pwd=T1p0VkQrL1gwNVNlSlg0ZDRXLzNYdz09
Meeting ID: 995 4995 8052
Passcode: 584120

I hope you can join us!

Best,

Janet Reyes
Geospatial Information Librarian
UCR Library | University of California, Riverside
P.O. Box 5900 | Orbach Library, Room 128
Riverside, CA 92517-5900
Office: 951.827.6421 | Fax: 951.827.2255 | janet.reyes at ucr.edu<mailto:janet.reyes at ucr.edu>

Web<https://library.ucr.edu/> | Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/ucrlibrary> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/ucrlibrary> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/ucrlibrary/> | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/user/ucrlibraries>
[cid:image001.png at 01D83398.77215B70]