[Geospatial] REMINDER: Geospatial/GIS meetup tomorrow, June 9 - with an in-person option!

Janet Reyes janet.reyes at ucr.edu
Wed Jun 8 08:42:12 PDT 2022

Hello everyone,
This is a friendly reminder that our next Geospatial/GIS meetup is tomorrow, Thursday, June 9 from 12:00 - 12:50 pm PST.
Our meetup will be hybrid - for the first time since February 2020, we're going to have an in-person element! If you're willing and able, please join us in Rivera Library, Room 140. It's a large room with tables and chairs and plenty of space to spread out. To find it, turn to the right after entering the library. You'll see Room 140 on the corner of the hallway to your left just after you pass the elevators. Note that an indoor mask mandate is in effect.
Feel free to join by Zoom if that works better for you. We will do our best to minimize any glitches in the hybrid format.
At this meetup, I'll demonstrate Scribble Maps, Simple Mappr, and National Geographic MapMaker. All are free mapping tools that don't require knowledge of GIS to make a basic map.

We'll also have time for announcements, discussion, and sharing map-related products you've created or that caught your eye.
A recording of the meetup will be available.
Please note: tomorrow before the meetup you'll receive an email containing the Zoom meeting information if by then you have either:

  *   registered on Eventbrite<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/geospatialgis-meetups-tickets-300286654467>, or
  *   replied "yes" or "tentative" to the calendar invite some of you received on May 26.
I hope you can join us, on Zoom or in person!

A final note, to all who are departing UCR: thanks for being part of our geospatial community, and very best wishes for wherever life takes you next!
Best,

Janet Reyes
Geospatial Information Librarian
UCR Library | University of California, Riverside
P.O. Box 5900 | Orbach Library, Room 128
Riverside, CA 92517-5900
Office: 951.827.6421 | Fax: 951.827.2255 | janet.reyes at ucr.edu<mailto:janet.reyes at ucr.edu>

Web<https://library.ucr.edu/> | Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/ucrlibrary> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/ucrlibrary> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/ucrlibrary/> | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/user/ucrlibraries>
[cid:image001.png at 01D87B0E.DAFB23C0]