[Geospatial] Geospatial/GIS meetup: Faculty Panel

Janet Reyes janet.reyes at ucr.edu
Thu Sep 30 11:17:19 PDT 2021

Hello everyone,

I hope you are all having a good start to Fall 2021!

Our Geospatial/GIS meetup on Thursday, October 14, from 12:00 - 1:20 pm will be a special event designed particularly for students seeking to  understand what geographic information systems (GIS) and spatial perspectives are all about.

In our Geospatial/GIS Faculty Panel, UCR professors from a variety of disciplines will describe how geospatial tools and perspectives are used in their field. Our panelists will be:
            Hoori Ajami, Associate Professor - Environmental Sciences
Kenichiro Tsukamoto, Associate Professor - Anthropology
            Ademide Adelusi-Adeluyi, Assistant Professor - History
Amr Magdy, Assistant Professor - Computer Science and Engineering

Students are encouraged to come with their questions! And all members of our geospatial community are invited to join the conversation.

Respond "yes" or "tentative" to this invite to receive the Zoom meeting information from me shortly before the meetup. (Another option: register through Eventbrite<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/geospatialgis-meetups-tickets-169417806219?aff=ebdsoporgprofile> to receive an Eventbrite email with the Zoom information.)
Please spread the word about this unique opportunity for our students to learn more about GIS!

Thanks,

Janet Reyes