[Geospatial] Assorted geospatial updates

Janet Reyes janet.reyes at ucr.edu
Tue Nov 2 17:05:41 PDT 2021

Hello everyone,

I hope this finds you all well!

Here are a few updates you may be interested in:

  *   A captioned video of the Geospatial/GIS Faculty Panel from October 14 is now available! You can view it here<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wPbxkm1-VACt8t7VE5O0CT_9sDjy6YAK/view?usp=sharing>. You can also access the recording from the Geospatial/GIS Quarterly<https://storymaps.arcgis.com/stories/2726969cfae443d9b90bb625dc5e106f>.

  *   This event is being held next Tuesday, November 9 at 4:00 pm: Property, Personhood, and Police: Counter-Mapping Nuisance from Louisville to Los Angeles<https://ucla.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_RPVIilVfTRaJHiGEMQIl9Q>

  *   Also on November 9, I'm offering an Introduction to ArcGIS Online workshop<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/introduction-to-arcgis-online-tickets-169573359483?aff=ebdsoporgprofile> at 2:00 pm. This is an updated version of a workshop I offered last year (because, Esri makes changes to its products!)

  *   We have our next Geospatial/GIS meetup<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/geospatialgis-meetups-tickets-169417806219> on November 10, with historian David Biggs presenting.

  *   UC GIS Week is coming up fast, on November 16-18.

The schedule is almost finalized, but I can proudly share that there will be five (5) presenters from UCR: Yaning Miao, Samriddhi Singla, Akanksha Garg, Amr Magdy, and Nic Barth.

Watch for details here<https://uc-gis-ucop.hub.arcgis.com/pages/uc-gis-week-2021>, or better yet, sign up to attend here<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/uc-gis-week-tickets-169013729615>!

Ask questions during the thematic mapping panels, engage with GIS industry professionals, interact with posters presenters, and connect during social events. The event will be hosted virtually through Zoom. All talks are free and open to the public!

Your registration<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/uc-gis-week-tickets-169013729615> entitles you to attend any or all of the tentatively scheduled events that will feature talks on the following themes:

  *   The Urban Environment
  *   Mapping and Analyzing COVID-19
  *   Community Mapping
  *   Remote Sensing
  *   Classifying the Environment
  *   Digital Humanities
  *   Public Health
  *   Tech Talks/How To
  *   Career Panel

For more info email ucgisweek at gmail.com<mailto:ucgisweek at gmail.com> or join our Slack channel<https://join.slack.com/t/ucgis/shared_invite/zt-t5tuvlfb-nugfxNJW~MP6xPaffwpvmA>.

Best,

Janet Reyes
Geospatial Information Librarian
UCR Library | University of California, Riverside
P.O. Box 5900 | Orbach Library, Room 128
Riverside, CA 92517-5900
Office: 951.827.6421 | Fax: 951.827.2255 | janet.reyes at ucr.edu<mailto:janet.reyes at ucr.edu>

Web<https://library.ucr.edu/> | Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/ucrlibrary> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/ucrlibrary> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/ucrlibrary/> | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/user/ucrlibraries>
[cid:image001.png at 01D7D007.61AE2470]