[Geospatial] Notes from Geospatial/GIS meetup, January 20

Janet Reyes janet.reyes at ucr.edu
Thu Jan 21 16:23:20 PST 2021

Hello all,

Please find the notes from yesterday's Geospatial/GIS meetup attached. I encourage you to take a look at the helpful information and links that were shared.

Time-sensitive note: tomorrow afternoon there's a virtual event<https://amstudies.stanford.edu/events/time-maps-virtual-book-launch> hosted by the Rumsey Map Center at Stanford. If you're a map geek, you might want to register for it!

The recording of our meetup can be viewed  here<https://ucr.zoom.us/rec/share/KC3zbyR4UTAnA_LLLK6tDW3rgHwtCS2R6KtgPZKz1Uk4CgJOL3jr8GvR3Q5iEziQ.E8MDDcV1qIIO9Zh5>. The access passcode to view is  @rh+sS5l

Thanks to all who attended, especially on a day when our attention was divided with inauguration events unfolding. Thanks in particular to our first-time attendees - we hope you can join us again!

Our next meetup will be on Wednesday, February 17 at noon.

Best,

Janet Reyes
Geospatial Information Librarian
UCR Library | University of California, Riverside
P.O. Box 5900 | Orbach Library, Room 128
Riverside, CA 92517-5900
Office: 951.827.6421 | Fax: 951.827.2255 | janet.reyes at ucr.edu<mailto:janet.reyes at ucr.edu>

Web<https://library.ucr.edu/> | Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/ucrlibrary> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/ucrlibrary> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/ucrlibrary/> | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/user/ucrlibraries>
[cid:image003.png at 01D6F011.BAFBE930]