[Geospatial] REMINDER: Geospatial/GIS meetup tomorrow, January 20

Janet Reyes janet.reyes at ucr.edu
Tue Jan 19 08:52:36 PST 2021

Hello everyone,
A reminder that our January meetup is set for tomorrow, Wednesday, January 20, from 12:00 - 12:50 pm PST.
Tomorrow morning you'll receive an email containing the Zoom meeting information ONLY IF:

  *   you've registered on Eventbrite<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/geospatialgis-meetups-tickets-132323261437>, or
  *   you've replied "yes" or "tentative" to a calendar invite I sent on January 6 (apologies for missing a few of you on that!)
No guarantees I can accommodate last-minute requests for the Zoom info! Thanks for your understanding as we take measures to keep our meetups a safe space.
This meeting will be recorded.
(I want to acknowledge that this will be Inauguration Day; unfolding news events may draw our attention. Please spend the hour however you think best.)
Our scheduled presenter for January has bowed out until a later time TBD.

What will we do instead?

  *   Announcements
     *   What are you doing with GIS these days?
     *   What GIS-related learning objectives do you have?
        *   Example: I can briefly share about learning how R is used in making maps
     *   What opportunities do you see for UCR to improve use of GIS and spatial thinking in teaching and research?
  *   "Bring" a map: Have you seen a map on the internet lately that you found noteworthy because of topic or cartography (including poor examples)?Pop a link for it in the chat so we can see and discuss!

Stay safe and well,

Janet Reyes
Geospatial Information Librarian
UCR Library | University of California, Riverside
P.O. Box 5900 | Orbach Library, Room 128
Riverside, CA 92517-5900
Office: 951.827.6421 | Fax: 951.827.2255 | janet.reyes at ucr.edu<mailto:janet.reyes at ucr.edu>

Web<https://library.ucr.edu/> | Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/ucrlibrary> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/ucrlibrary> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/ucrlibrary/> | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/user/ucrlibraries>
[cid:image003.png at 01D6EE40.6F053C20]