[Geospatial] EVENT: An Introduction to Your Planet Account

Elia Scudiero elia.scudiero at ucr.edu
Tue Feb 16 11:31:14 PST 2021

Dear  Geospatial/GIS community,

The folks from  Planet Labs Inc. (https://www.planet.com/)   will give a
short "getting started" training on  Feb 22, 2021, 11:00 AM Pacific Time.
This will be high-level and will cover Planet's satellite constellations,
Planet Explorer (the platform where you can explore and download imagery
data), and touch on the existence of the APIs and the ability to access and
use imagery at scale.

Elia Scudiero is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
> Topic: An Introduction to Your Planet Account - UC Riverside
> Time: Feb 22, 2021 11:00 AM Pacific Time (US and Canada)
> Join Zoom Meeting
> https://ucr.zoom.us/j/97081160757?pwd=SEhZTHRkZENQYW10WXM0dUk1c1RUUT09
> Meeting ID: 970 8116 0757
> Passcode: 789109

I hope to see you at this training event!

DO NOT HAVE A PLANET ACCOUNT YET? GET ONE!

> I am happy to announce that we recently purchased a Campus License (active
> through Nov 2025) for Planet Labs Inc. (https://www.planet.com/)
> satellite imagery.
> The Campus License includes access to the PlanetScope and RapidEye Imagery
> (resolution 3.7 to 5 m, daily frequency, available since 2009).
> Access to the Planet Labs' data is provided by the project "Artificial
> Intelligence for Sustainable Water, Nutrient, Salinity, And Pest Management
> in The Western U.S.
> <https://news.ucr.edu/articles/2020/06/22/ucr-wins-10-million-develop-ai-sustainable-agriculture>"
> (NIFA-AFRI Sustainable Agricultural Systems Grant Number: 2020-69012-31914).
> Faculty, academic researchers, staff, postdocs, and students are welcome
> to use the Planet Labs data for research and education.
> An active @UCR.EDU <http://ucr.edu/> is needed.
> Please notify me if you are using Planet imagery in any publication to
> assure that the funding source is acknowledged properly.
> ASK FOR AN USER ACCOUNT HERE: https://forms.gle/pZke6WvzHjYZWZ6u8

Do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

Best regards,

Elia

*Elia Scudiero, Ph.D. *| Assistant Research Agronomist
UC Riverside, Environmental Sciences | USDA-ARS, U.S. Salinity Laboratory
450 W. Big Springs Rd., Riverside, CA, 92507, USA | phone: +1 951 369 4847