[Geospatial] REMINDER: Geospatial/GIS meetup tomorrow, February 17

Janet Reyes janet.reyes at ucr.edu
Tue Feb 16 10:40:06 PST 2021

Hello everyone,
This is a reminder that our February meetup is tomorrow, Wednesday, February 17, from 12:00 - 12:50 pm PST.
Tomorrow morning you'll receive an email containing the Zoom meeting information if, by then, you have:

  *   registered on Eventbrite<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/geospatialgis-meetups-tickets-132323261437>, or
  *   replied "yes" or "tentative" to a calendar invite I sent on February 3
No guarantees I can accommodate last-minute requests for the Zoom info! Thanks for your understanding as we take measures to keep our meetups a safe space.
This meeting will be recorded.
Our presenter tomorrow is Gerald Winkel, Disaster Program Manager for the American Red Cross of Riverside County. Gerald will showcase the National Shelter System app, which resides on the ArcGIS platform.
We'll also have time for announcements, questions, and discussion.
Feel free to "bring" a map: Have you seen a map on the internet lately that you found noteworthy because of topic or cartography (including poor examples)? Be ready to pop a link for it in the chat so we can see and discuss!

-->This month I've come across three items that may be of interest; I'll just go ahead and share them now, to allow more time for other things during our meetup:

  *   This map has an unusual cartographic design, as well as a powerful message: https://www.whatismissing.net/
  *   The information is a month old now; I wonder if there's been notable change? https://www.technologyreview.com/2021/01/16/1016264/covid-vaccine-acceptance-us-county/amp/
  *   Article<https://medium.com/nightingale/earth-at-a-cute-angle-dc2f8c29495a> on the relative merits of oblique view aerial imagery (with some striking images)

Hope you can join us tomorrow!

Best,

Janet Reyes
Geospatial Information Librarian
UCR Library | University of California, Riverside
P.O. Box 5900 | Orbach Library, Room 128
Riverside, CA 92517-5900
Office: 951.827.6421 | Fax: 951.827.2255 | janet.reyes at ucr.edu<mailto:janet.reyes at ucr.edu>

Web<https://library.ucr.edu/> | Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/ucrlibrary> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/ucrlibrary> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/ucrlibrary/> | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/user/ucrlibraries>
[cid:image003.png at 01D70450.16B1BA00]