[Geospatial] Notes from the Geospatial/GIS meetup, Sept 23

Janet Reyes janet.reyes at ucr.edu
Thu Sep 24 16:43:54 PDT 2020

Hi all,

Please find notes from Wednesday's geospatial brown bag attached. The notes contain hyperlinks to the many resources that were discussed.

A video of the meeting is available here<https://ucr.zoom.us/rec/share/tVU7JsCqUXuPEYm4OKdcA6oLVQTPVipcP6h_Ww5VJsX1tSWpeOV4uvaqXquH9Vno.128PKUnHE9qctWBl?startTime=1600887739000>. The access password to view is     %p8abu&3

Thanks to all who attended! We had several new folks, from UCR and beyond - we're glad you stopped in, and hope to see you again.

Our thanks to Sara Bruene, a UCR grad student in Sociology, for sharing her work-in-progress on assessing how grocery delivery service areas correspond to food deserts in California. Sara, we'll look forward to hearing about your results!

The next Geospatial/GIS meetup will be on Tuesday, October 20. If you have something to present at that meetup, or if you have a particular topic you'd like us to discuss, please let me know!

Best wishes for a good launch to Fall 2020!

Janet Reyes
Geospatial Information Librarian
UCR Library | University of California, Riverside
P.O. Box 5900 | Orbach Library, Room 128
Riverside, CA 92517-5900
Office: 951.827.6421 | Fax: 951.827.2255 | janet.reyes at ucr.edu<mailto:janet.reyes at ucr.edu>

Web<https://library.ucr.edu/> | Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/ucrlibrary> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/ucrlibrary> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/ucrlibrary/> | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/user/ucrlibraries>
[cid:image002.png at 01D69291.E376DF60]