[Geospatial] REMINDER: Geospatial/GIS brown bag tomorrow, Wednesday Sept 23

Janet Reyes janet.reyes at ucr.edu
Tue Sep 22 09:43:15 PDT 2020

Hi all,
A reminder that our September brown bag will be held via Zoom tomorrow, Wednesday, September 23, from 12:00 - 12:50 pm.

Join Zoom Meeting: https://ucr.zoom.us/j/98745189312
If you've registered on Eventbrite or replied "yes" or "tentative" to the earlier calendar invite, look for an email from me tomorrow morning containing the passcode needed to attend.
This meeting will be recorded.
UPDATE: Due to his involvement with the response to the El Dorado, Snow, Valley and Bobcat fires<https://ucanr.edu/sites/fire/Safety/Current/>, we will again postpone the scheduled presentation by Gerald Winkel (Disaster Program Manager with the American Red Cross of Riverside County) to a meetup during a month where there are no major disasters (if that ever happens ever again!)  Thank you Gerald, for all you're doing for our communities!

Instead, tomorrow we'll have a presentation by Sociology PhD candidate Sara Bruene, who'll ask for feedback on her project to assess how grocery delivery services in California (data available by ZIP code) align with food deserts (data available by census tract). Thanks Sara for agreeing to step in on short notice!

We'll also talk about recent survey results, UC-wide GIS Week, several upcoming events and opportunities, and whatever you'd like to bring up.

Best,

Janet Reyes
Geospatial Information Librarian
UCR Library | University of California, Riverside
P.O. Box 5900 | Orbach Library, Room 128
Riverside, CA 92517-5900
Office: 951.827.6421 | Fax: 951.827.2255 | janet.reyes at ucr.edu<mailto:janet.reyes at ucr.edu>

Web<https://library.ucr.edu/> | Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/ucrlibrary> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/ucrlibrary> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/ucrlibrary/> | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/user/ucrlibraries>
[cid:image003.png at 01D690C4.CB06F970]