[Geospatial] REMINDER: Geospatial/GIS meetup tomorrow, Tuesday Oct 20

Janet Reyes janet.reyes at ucr.edu
Mon Oct 19 09:29:51 PDT 2020

Hi all,
A reminder that our October meetup will be held via Zoom tomorrow, Tuesday, October 20, from 12:00 - 12:50 pm.

Join Zoom Meeting: https://ucr.zoom.us/j/98135395094.
Tomorrow you'll receive an email containing the *passcode needed to attend* ONLY IF you have taken one of the following actions, before now or by tomorrow morning:

  *   you've registered on Eventbrite<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/geospatialgis-meetups-tickets-122118623089>, or
  *   you've replied "yes" or "tentative" to the calendar invite I sent on October 6
No guarantees I can accommodate last-minute requests for the passcode!
This meeting will be recorded.
Our presenter will be David Yu, a UCR alumni who is a Data Scientist on Esri's GeoAI team. David's topic is "Using Deep Learning in ArcGIS."
In this session we will learn how to perform end-to-end deep learning within ArcGIS Pro, including dataset creation, pre-processing, model training, inferencing, post-processing as well as visualization. We will briefly cover the ArcGIS API for Python and learn about the importance of geography when tackling real-world problems that require automation through machine learning.

We'll also discuss upcoming events, including the innovative plans for the online UC-wide GIS Week this November (with presenters from UCR in the mix!)

Best,

Janet Reyes
Geospatial Information Librarian
UCR Library | University of California, Riverside
P.O. Box 5900 | Orbach Library, Room 128
Riverside, CA 92517-5900
Office: 951.827.6421 | Fax: 951.827.2255 | janet.reyes at ucr.edu<mailto:janet.reyes at ucr.edu>

Web<https://library.ucr.edu/> | Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/ucrlibrary> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/ucrlibrary> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/ucrlibrary/> | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/user/ucrlibraries>
[cid:image002.png at 01D6A5FA.64F7B250]