[Geospatial] Geospatial/GIS meetup

Janet Reyes janet.reyes at ucr.edu
Tue Oct 6 10:15:32 PDT 2020

Hi all,

Please join us for our next Geospatial/GIS meetup on Tuesday, October 20 at noon.

The link for this meeting is https://ucr.zoom.us/j/98135395094.  A passcode will be required. To receive the meeting passcode on the morning of October 20, please respond "accept" or "tentative" to this calendar invitation. (Or sign up through Eventbrite,<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/geospatialgis-meetups-tickets-122118623089> if you prefer.)

Our presenter will be David Yu, a UCR alumni who is a Data Scientist on Esri's GeoAI team. David's topic is "Using Deep Learning in ArcGIS."
In this session we will learn how to perform end-to-end deep learning within ArcGIS Pro, including dataset creation, pre-processing, model training, inferencing, post-processing as well as visualization. We will briefly cover the ArcGIS API for Python and learn about the importance of geography when tackling real-world problems that require automation through machine learning.

We'll also discuss upcoming events, the innovative plans for UC-wide GIS Week this November, and more.

Hope to see you then!

-Janet