[Gats_gender_sexuality] WIP Workshop + More

Farber, Rebecca rdfarber at wm.edu
Wed Aug 26 07:12:18 PDT 2020

Dear All,

I hope this email finds you well as we transition to a new (and strange) semester...

Our virtual ASA meetup went great, and we are now launching a Work-In-Progress Workshop!

Our first workshop participant is Cathy van de Ruit, of Ursinus College, who will share her book proposal, "Outsourcing Healthcare in South Africa: Continuity and Change in the Era of HIV/AIDS." The work focuses on organizations, professions, and patients using ethnographic and archival methods. It contributes to research about public-private partnerships, the outsourcing of health work, and health disparities in patient care and among care-workers.

If you are interested in participating in the WIP workshop and/or sharing your work in the future, please just email and let me know (rdfarber at wm.edu). Please also indicate if there are days/times that typically work best for you to meet on Zoom.

You are also invited to create a virtual nametag<https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1-r5QOMSN-iukbga9KlfkhCLqXpqBIHDsR-kU2emeyxc/edit?usp=sharing> so that we can get to know who is in the group and harness our network! Feel free to use the template or design your own.

Lastly, if there are any teaching resources you would like to share (or request), please feel free to do so in our shared teaching folder<https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ldVKrtYdq_tUbqrjUkPjP2QaliqtpEMP?usp=sharing>.

Any questions or suggestions are welcome at any time. I look forward to getting to know you all more, and diving into our WIP workshops!

Best wishes,
Rebecca

Rebecca Farber
Assistant Professor