[Entm-beu] 2024 call for applicants: Advancing Inclusivity in Entomology Scholarship

Kerry Mauck kerry.mauck at ucr.edu
Tue Mar 26 09:45:41 PDT 2024

Hello colleagues,

Each year we award one or more Advancing Inclusivity in Entomology
Scholarships in an effort to help our undergraduate entomologists overcome
social, cultural, and financial barriers hindering their participation in
research. I am happy to report that thanks to the fantastic fundraising
efforts of our department members, this year we have ~$5,000 to disburse,
so we are hoping to make several awards of $1,000 each!

Please *click here to access the application
<https://forms.gle/magqEFCSaxRnZEQ7A>*. Applications are due on April 25
and we anticipate notifying recipients by May 10. Applications will be
reviewed by a non-conflicted subcommittee within ISAC. Awards will go
directly to the student to support their mentored research during the
summer or fall quarter.

Please share this application with interested undergraduates. Students can
direct any questions to me at kerry.mauck at ucr.edu.

Best,
Kerry Mauck

--
*Dr. Kerry Mauck*
Associate Professor & A.M. Boyce Endowed Chair in Entomology

Pronouns: she/her

Office: Entomology 324
Lab: Entomology 320
Riverside, CA 92521
Phone: 302-242-7948
Email: kerry.mauck at ucr.edu
Google Scholar
<https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=wt9IkqgAAAAJ&hl=en>
https://maucklab.ucr.edu/

UCR occupies the ancestral lands of the Cahuilla, Tongva, Luiseño, and
Serrano peoples and we are grateful to have the opportunity to work on
these homelands.