[Entm-beu] Visiting Entomologist Looking for collecting companion

Robin Doyle Testa robin.testa at ucr.edu
Wed Jun 8 09:35:15 PDT 2022

The following email has been forwarded on behalf of Rochelle Hoey Chamberlain.

Could you please share this email with the department? This is another participant to our Heteroptera Short course that would like to get in contact with others interested in collecting in the local area.

Hi,

I will be out west for a few weeks, so I am bringing some collecting equipment with me, including gear for collecting at night. I am curious if you know any entomologists who would be interested in collecting with me before I leave and who know the area well. My travel accommodations are limited so collecting with someone from the area would be very helpful. I will be leaving later in the day on Saturday June 18th, so that Friday night would be open for collecting.

Much of my work is with the family Totricidae (and other micromoths), so I am interested in collecting some of those. But I have interests in all insect groups and haven't collected on the west coast yet. I'm not familiar with the area, so any undisturbed and old growth areas would be preferable. Open fields and good fly through areas too. I like big moths too!

Thank you for your time!

Loren Jones
He/Him/His
Lab Technician, Cornell University Insect
Collection (CUIC) and Insect Diagnostic Lab
Comstock Hall
ldj37 at cornell.edu<mailto:ldj37 at cornell.edu>