[Entm-beu] Entomology Seminar nominations

Gian Carlo Ledesma gian.ledesma at ucr.edu
Fri Aug 26 14:46:04 PDT 2022

The following message has been forwarded on behalf of Dr. Ysabel Giraldo. Please send responses to ysabelg at ucr.edu<mailto:ysabelg at ucr.edu>

Hi everyone,

Thank you to everyone who has already submitted speaker suggestions, and the seminar committee looks forward to seeing more come in. As some of you may not have hosted in person speakers here before, I wanted to make sure everyone knows what is expected. If your nominee is selected, you will be hosting the speaker. This will entail the following activities:
Sending the invitation and scheduling (in consultation with seminar committee managing the schedule slots)
Makings sure Gian has the appropriate information to make the flyer
Coordinating travel through Ashley
Making sure there are airport pickup and drop off arrangements
Scheduling time and meetings on campus
Escorting the speaker to appointments, if necessary
Scheduling dinner and creating dinner reservation
Submitting all necessary dinner reimbursement receipts (graduate students may receive assistance with dinner payment/reimbursement from a faculty co-host)

Please make sure you are prepared to accept these responsibilities when submitting your nominations. If you have any questions about any of this, feel free to reach out to me or other members of the seminar committee.

Thanks,
Ysabel, on behalf of the seminar committee