[Entm-beu] Fwd: SciComm at UCR Campus Opportunity for Students!

Rick Redak richard.redak at ucr.edu
Wed Oct 27 13:06:06 PDT 2021

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Miranda Vinay <mvina001 at ucr.edu>
Date: Wed, Oct 27, 2021 at 12:45 PM
Subject: SciComm at UCR Campus Opportunity for Students!

Hello!

My name is Miranda Vinay, a rep for the SciComm at UCR campus organization.
We're hosting a competition this fall and could use some help advertising.
The deadline is in two weeks! Could you send the following message and the
attachment to the graduate and undergraduate students in your department?

Best,

Miranda
--

Dear students,

Do you want your research to reach a wider audience? SciComm at UCR
<https://scicomm.ucr.edu/> is running a student video competition to help
you share your work! This competition asks that you create an original 3 to
5-minute video for the purposes of educating the public on an interesting
topic in the STEM field (your research!). You may work in groups of up to 3
people.

*First place winners will receive $1,000* and a year-long subscription
(print and digital) to Nature. *Second place winners receive $500 and third
place winners receive $250*. Graduate and undergraduate submissions will be
judged separately. See attached PDF for additional details and you can find
all the details about the competition here
<https://scicomm.ucr.edu/scicommucr-student-multimedia-science-communication-competition>
.

We will be holding an information session to answer any questions about the
competition on Monday, Nov 1, 2021 3:00PM. Zoom link here
<https://ucr.zoom.us/j/94340875666?pwd=RXJ6eC9TR3ZPbk96U0pCRzVETTd5UT09>.

*Deadline: Friday, Nov 12, 2021 11:59PM*

--
Miranda Vinay, MSc.
PhD Candidate
mvina001 at ucr.edu