[Entm-beu] Fwd: Please Share: [UC Big Ideas Contest Opportunity] Win up to $20K for your social venture!

Quinn McFrederick quinnmc at ucr.edu
Wed Oct 27 12:00:15 PDT 2021

ENTM students, see opportunity below.
Best Wishes,
Quinn S. McFrederick
McFrederick Lab <http://melittology.ucr.edu/>

Associate Professor
University of California, Riverside
Department of Entomology

Shipping address:
Quinn McFrederick
UC Riverside Entomology
Entomology 162
3401 Watkins Dr.
Riverside, CA
92521
USA

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Ankita Ahluwalia <aahlu004 at ucr.edu>
Date: Wed, Oct 27, 2021 at 11:24 AM
Subject: Please Share: [UC Big Ideas Contest Opportunity] Win up to $20K
for your social venture!
To: <quinn.mcfrederick at ucr.edu>

Dear Professor Mcfrederick,

I hope this email finds you well. My name is Ankita Ahluwalia and I am the
UC Big Ideas Contest Innovation Ambassador for UC Riverside. I am emailing
you today to share a great opportunity for UCR undergraduate and graduate
students.

UC Big Ideas Contest
<https://b870a22eac5a12299b24a3a3e43e2b1f.tinyemails.com/ac3df295fde55872654585aefb6ea4e3/f06271a20bc9fd29bc5c4847ac08b568.html>
is
a prestigious UC wide, early stage social innovation competition that helps
students create, earn funding (up to 20k!), gain mentorship and support, as
well as launch and scale their social impact venture. We have an upcoming
writing workshop on October 28th and more events here.
<https://b870a22eac5a12299b24a3a3e43e2b1f.tinyemails.com/ac3df295fde55872654585aefb6ea4e3/5c623b3c4315736ef3a06d19db9ca925.html>

Would you be willing to forward this announcement with your students? If
you have any questions or concerns, I'd be happy to meet with you to share
more about the UC Big Ideas Contest. Thank you so much!

Hope you have a great week!

Best,
Ankita Ahluwalia

Hello UCR students!

Do you want to earn up to *$20,000* for your next big idea? Do you want to
get mentorship and guidance to start your next big idea?
If you have answered yes to any of these questions, then you should apply
to the UC Big Ideas Contest!

The UC Big Ideas Contest is a prestigious early-stage innovation
competition to validate an idea, get some vital guidance, and potentially
earn funding to make your social-impact based idea a reality. So don’t wait
and miss out on this once in a lifetime opportunity! *Apply today before
the November 18, 1pm PST deadline!* Check out our website (
bigideascontest.org
<https://b870a22eac5a12299b24a3a3e43e2b1f.tinyemails.com/ac3df295fde55872654585aefb6ea4e3/f06271a20bc9fd29bc5c4847ac08b568.html>)
to learn more. RSVP here
<https://b870a22eac5a12299b24a3a3e43e2b1f.tinyemails.com/ac3df295fde55872654585aefb6ea4e3/b9d2549be3fa979f14481f5ac944e7af.html>
for
our upcoming writing workshop on October 28th and for more information on
other helpful events check out our Events Page
<https://b870a22eac5a12299b24a3a3e43e2b1f.tinyemails.com/ac3df295fde55872654585aefb6ea4e3/5c623b3c4315736ef3a06d19db9ca925.html>
.

Sign up here for updates, information, and opportunities via this interest
form
<https://b870a22eac5a12299b24a3a3e43e2b1f.tinyemails.com/ac3df295fde55872654585aefb6ea4e3/00d71b32b6e0d5517498d529b1b68b81.html>.
If you're unsure about how to start your proposal and would like some 1-1
assistance, please schedule a meeting with me here
<https://b870a22eac5a12299b24a3a3e43e2b1f.tinyemails.com/ac3df295fde55872654585aefb6ea4e3/7fc8da2935ef58e6fe632d239c383f18.html>.
I'm here to help every step of the way! Check out this super cool video
<https://b870a22eac5a12299b24a3a3e43e2b1f.tinyemails.com/ac3df295fde55872654585aefb6ea4e3/4193241f6be1e70d75993dcc05669d49.html>
to learn more about the contest!

Also, attached is a flyer about the UC Big Ideas Contest as well!

Hope to hear from you soon!
Ankita Ahluwalia