[Entm-beu] California State Funds Prohibited for Travel to 17 States (Updated)

Ashley Hix ashley.hix at ucr.edu
Thu Jul 1 16:30:56 PDT 2021

Dear All,

The following five states are being added to the list of states prohibited to travel to on state funds due to them having laws that discriminate against the LGBTQ community (https://oag.ca.gov/ab1887). If you need to travel to any of these states, please confirm with your analyst that the fund you would like to use does not fall info the fund category below.

  *   July 1, 2021: Florida and Montana
  *   July 8, 2021: West Virginia
  *   July 29, 2021: Arkansas
  *   August 1, 2021: North Dakota
The other states subject to California’s ban on state-funded and state-sponsored travel under AB1887:

  *   Alabama
  *   Idaho
  *   Iowa
  *   Kansas
  *   Kentucky
  *   Mississippi
  *   North Carolina
  *   Oklahoma
  *   South Carolina
  *   South Dakota
  *   Tennessee
  *   Texas
How are “state funds” defined?

  *   401 – General Funds (199XX, excluding UCGF)
  *   40411 – State Specific Funds (18000-18069)
  *   41412 – State Special Funds (18070-18199)
  *   40421 – State Contracts, Grants and Cooperative Agreements (fund numbers designated by campus)
  *   1003 – Plant Funds State Appropriations (00800-00999)

UC’s most recent version of the FAQs are attached. Please let me know if you have any questions, or you can send them to travelfeedback at ucr.edu<mailto:travelfeedback at ucr.edu>.

Thank you,

Ashley Hix
Travel Coordinator & Chair’s Assistant
Working Remotely 8 am – 5 pm
UCR Entomology Department
ashley.hix at ucr.edu<mailto:ashley.hix at ucr.edu>

Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, I will be working remotely and available by email. Thank you for your understanding while we work under UCR's Critical Preservation of Research operating plan.