[Entm-beu] Graduate position available in Urban pest evolution

Robin Doyle Testa robin.testa at ucr.edu
Fri Aug 14 10:03:48 PDT 2020

The following message forwarded on behalf of Chow-Yang Lee.

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Booth, Warren" <warren-booth at utulsa.edu<mailto:warren-booth at utulsa.edu>>
Subject: Graduate position available in Urban pest evolution
Date: August 12, 2020 at 10:41:47 AM PDT
To: Coby Schal <coby at ncsu.edu<mailto:coby at ncsu.edu>>, Edward Vargo <ed.vargo at tamu.edu<mailto:ed.vargo at tamu.edu>>, "Scharf, Michael E" <mscharf at purdue.edu<mailto:mscharf at purdue.edu>>, "jmunshisouth at fordham.edu<mailto:jmunshisouth at fordham.edu>" <jmunshisouth at fordham.edu<mailto:jmunshisouth at fordham.edu>>, "marc.johnson at utoronto.ca<mailto:marc.johnson at utoronto.ca>" <marc.johnson at utoronto.ca<mailto:marc.johnson at utoronto.ca>>, "bverrelli at vcu.edu<mailto:bverrelli at vcu.edu>" <bverrelli at vcu.edu<mailto:bverrelli at vcu.edu>>, "DeVries, Zach" <zdevries at uky.edu<mailto:zdevries at uky.edu>>, Chow-Yang Lee <chowyang.lee at ucr.edu<mailto:chowyang.lee at ucr.edu>>, Amy Savage <as2481 at scarletmail.rutgers.edu<mailto:as2481 at scarletmail.rutgers.edu>>, "lindsay.miles at utoronto.ca<mailto:lindsay.miles at utoronto.ca>" <lindsay.miles at utoronto.ca<mailto:lindsay.miles at utoronto.ca>>

Hi folks,
I thought I would reach out to you all, given your areas of expertise in urban evolution and/or urban pest systems. I just had a grant funded to study how socio-economic factors influence urban pest evolution, which allows me to switch one of my grad students from a TA to an RA. As such, I have been given the go ahead to recruit another grad student (PhD level) to fill the vacated slot. If any of you have an undergrad that is soon to finish (or one that has graduated) or a Masters student finishing up that wants to pursue a PhD in Urban Evolution (using next generation molecular tools), could you pass them my details. While we are working extensively with bed bugs and swallow bugs, I would also like to return to some work on urban cockroach population genetics, and other urban pest systems.

So, if you know of any potential students interested in grad school. Please send them my way. We would be looking at a start date of January 2021 or August 2021.

Warren

---
Dr. Warren Booth
Associate Professor