[English-undergrad] English courses in fall 2026

James Tobias jtobias at ucr.edu
Wed Sep 23 14:28:23 PDT 2026


Dear English majors,

I hope you’re doing well.

I wanted to let you know that English has had to cancel a number of classes this fall, because of funding cuts to our teaching budget that were imposed this past summer.

I have been trying to find ways of avoiding these cancellations, and in some cases, we found some solutions; but we weren’t able to prevent all cancellations. And I’m really sorry about that.

I would like to hear from you if you enrolled for a class that was cancelled and it has caused you difficulties.

Please get in touch with myself, or with Elaine Chacón, with whom I am working to mitigate any negative effects of these cancellations.

Thank you, and take care,

Dr. Tobias

—
James Tobias, Ph.D.
Professor, Chair
Department of English
University of California
Riverside CA 92521
jtobias at ucr.edu

https://ucr.zoom.us/j/95465985946?pwd=Z1A4Yk1UZDhBTjY5UkJ5R1VQTWUvQT09

"We at UCR would like to respectfully acknowledge and recognize our responsibility to the original and current caretakers of this land, water, and air: the Cahuilla, Tongva, Luiseño, and Serrano peoples and all of their ancestors and descendants, past, present, and future. Today this meeting place is home to many Indigenous peoples from all over the world, including UCR faculty, students, and staff, and we are grateful to have the opportunity to live and work on these homelands."


-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <https://lists.ucr.edu/pipermail/english-undergrad/attachments/20260923/cde96980/attachment.htm>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: smime.p7s
Type: application/pkcs7-signature
Size: 1472 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <https://lists.ucr.edu/pipermail/english-undergrad/attachments/20260923/cde96980/attachment.p7s>


More information about the English-undergrad mailing list